Bitboys Oy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitboys Oy!

Acceleon, their mobile core(s) have been released. Looks like the G30 is for competing with the PVR MBX.

Very interesting. Making video chips for the mobile market. I suppose if these chips are as good as they are pimping them, the G30 could go into untra-thin, low-power laptops.

I wonder if this is the graphics processor behind the Nokia N-Gage video game/phone thing. They are both Finish companies, it makes sense in a strange way.

Jammrock
    Last edited by Jammrock; 28 July 2003, 09:41.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Bullshitboys, Ahoy!

Actually, I _did_ hear that, after ten dismal failures to produce even prototype boards, they abandoned the PC market outright.

Gpar_
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Seems more like a PDA solution than laptop.

As for why they failed before, there are a number of reasons, primary of which is all the companies they were counting on backing out for various reasons...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Various reasons like... they kept failing to produce any actual silicon?

Gpar_
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Ok, maybe it's a good upgrade to this unit.....LOL
            Attached Files
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Looks like a winner if it turns out to be half of what they're advertising/hypeing/whatever...

Comment

Somehow i wait for nappe1 to appear .....

Seems more like a PDA solution than laptop.
                "Graphics processor family for handheld devices", that's what they say on their website.

Anyone going to SigGraph in San Diego? He/she could enlighten us

Bitboys Oy will demonstrate the Acceleon™ cores and technology at the SIGGRAPH 2003 in San Diego, California, during July 29 - 31 (booth #3151).

Rakido
                "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

did someone say Bitboys??

I'll be at Assembly 2003, where they should have "demo or two" (7th to 10th of August, Helsinki, Finland.) and if you want I can try to take some pictures and stuff from their presentation.

SVG Core they demoed last year Assembly on FPGA platform is really close to the G10 version.

And Gurm, I thought we already had this discussion (about 3 times, if I recal right....) so, no, 'In to the shadows" and Future Crew has nothing to do with each other.

As well as stories behind Axe, Glaze3D and Pyramid 3D can be already found with search from this BBS, so I won't tell them again. Of course there's quite lot of stuff that I haven't talked about but that is because it is still too hot.
                  "Dippadai"

Comment

No no. We had this discussion before and IIRC the determination was that while FUTURE CREW wasn't doing "Into the Shadows", Triton WAS, and some of those people ended up in Remedy/SpitBalls as well.

Gpar_

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
                      SBitboys Oy will demonstrate the Acceleon™ cores and technology at the SIGGRAPH 2003 in San Diego, California, during July 29 - 31 (booth #3151).
                      Was anyone there?

Rakido
                      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                      X