X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, this is neat

Mini pc's just got smaller.

"That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

You know with these things I always wonder about heat. I've got two pc's in my room at home not overclocked and even with the windows open the temp goes up by around 5c - 10c in an hour.
    Heat is one thing I would worry about.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I dunno, my pc runs with both cpu and case fan off most of the time, they turn on once in a while for a few moments, but mostly they off. If this thing runs with the CPU fan drawing outside air straight into the heatsink I don't think heat will be much of a problem.

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

something you tend to forget is crt monitors can give out alot of heat!

Comment

Well, this is nothing new
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim
            something you tend to forget is crt monitors can give out alot of heat!
            Yeh we got plenty at work don't remind me.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

THats pretty Slick! Too bad it has crappy Intel Graphics chip on it.
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Looks very similar to a Chyang Fun case so if you want one you can build your own using a mini-ITX motherboard, plus the usual bits.

When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

There are other small mini pcs that are similar and built a little more tough:

http://www.stealthcomputer.com/home.htm

http://www.littlepc.com/

Comment

When you get to this point maybe you're better off with a laptop.

Comment

Laptops are usually way more expensive for the same performance though.

Comment

You got a point there, but they're portable.
                          Guess it depends on what you want to have, a small PC that is portable or just a small PC in general.

Comment

Lots of small pc's. Mainboards at sizes 17x17cm and 12x12cm. Via C3 cpu's or Socket 478.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X