can you open DV in virtual dub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you open DV in virtual dub?

I make projects in premiere and export to dv. But I would also like to transcode to Divx. But I hate doing that in Premiere. I prefer to use Virtual Dub. What i do now is export to huffyuv in premiere and then transcode from huff to divx in vdub. I want to know if there is any way to open dv files in vdub. thanks guys!

VirtualDUB cannot open the audio with DV type 1 files because they're DirectShow and it works in Video for Windows, but can open and work with the audio in DV type 2; which is what Premiere 6.5 and previous builds use.

Another very useful freeware tool is dedicated to doing straight format conversions - the Stoik Video Converter;

Stoik can convert MPEG-1/2, *.avi or *.wmv to *.avi using a different compressor (including DiVx) or *.wmv with a different profile. It can also do audio sampling conversions up to 48 khz. Stoik is also very fast.

Another technique if you have an analog capture device (I use my RT.X100's VfW capture driver & inputs) is to use AVI_IO or the Windows VidCap capture tool to just capture straight to the DiVx 5 codec. Works like a charm.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 July 2003, 22:00.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X