Marvel G200, Matrox Codec and MSP 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200, Matrox Codec and MSP 6.0

I have recently had some problems with MSP 6.0, matrox G200 and the Matrox Codec. After searching the archives on this and other sites I have managed to get rid of the jerky compression problems. I would value some help however in being able to substitute the Matrox MJPEG codec for a third party one. I have a registered copy of PicVideo which certainly runs faster than the Matrox equivalent and has less frame jumps also. Unfortunately, although being careful about frame size, selecting Field Base B etc, I just cannot get MSP to output to the VCR. Is there some kind person who might have the solution please ?

Enter the display driver prefs and enable DualHead/"Clone, DVDMax or Zoom". Now check off the "Use DualHead DVDMax" box. Click OK until you're out of the display prefs.

Now virtually anything you play will be sent out to the TV output; MJPeg, MPEG, DivX whatever. To get the best results the video should be in 4:3 aspect ratio or letterboxed in a 4:3 background.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 01 October 2000).]

Comment

Dr Mordrid,
      Thanks for your advice. I apologise for the delay in responding but I have been on vacation. Could you help a little further please and advise where I might find the "display driver prefs" that you refer to. I have tried everywhere and can't find any rferences to Dualhead/Clone etc.

Refards
      John

Comment

Powerdesk. Rightclick on the desktop and select "Properties".

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi Doc,

I´m not sure, but I fear the Marvel G200 has no dualhead-functionality like the Marvel G400.

John, some years ago I was able to replace the Matrox-MJPG-codec by the Morgan-codec with keeping the ability of hardware playback in MSP5.
          So far I have not tested this with MSP6, but I will check this these days.

Bye, Uwe.

Comment

Uwe,
            I think you are right as I cannot find any reference to Powerdesk from the Properties window. I would be grateful if you could try MSP6 in case it is a software issue with the latest level.

Thanks
            John

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr Mordrid:
              [B]Powerdesk. Rightclick on the desktop and select "Properties".

This is one of the areas that I had looked at but I find no reference to Powerdesk. The G200 has some software called Matrox Quick Desk but there is still no possibility to make the changes you recommend.

Thanks anywa.
              John

Comment

Hi John,

so far I was not able to replace the Matrox-codec by any other codec (PicVideo or Morgan) with keeping hardware playback in MSP6.

A possibility would be to capture in "dmb1" Matrox-MJPG-format, converting the clips to "MJPG"-Morgan/PicVideo format (with avi.exe) and editing them with MSP6. After that you could export the project as new clip and convert the result to "dmb1"-Matrox-MJPG for TV-out-playback.

Bye, Uwe.

Comment

Uwe,
                  Thanks for confirming the problem. I have since found the Powerdesk software and looked at the display preferences. There is a tab for TV Output which allows PAL or NTSC. I have set mine to PAL (naturally as I am in the UK) and will now try and output to the VCR using PicVideo codec.

Bye
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X