Moving mail from NT4 to Win2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving mail from NT4 to Win2K

I'm upgrading my mum's computer from NT4 to 2000. It's a mess - it's had countless useless programs installed and removed over time, and almost nothing works without some sort of problem. On top of that, it's just dog slow. It would be much better to wipe it and install from scratch than do an in-place upgrade.

On top of that, I want to move her from Outlook Express to Mozilla Mail, and maybe from IE to Mozilla.

I've backed up the Profiles directory and other stuff to another machine, but I can't find where OE stores its mailboxes on Win2K. So I've got a few questions:

Can you get Mozilla Mail to import OE mail from any given directory?

Where does OE keep its mail in Win2K? Would it be possible to just copy the old mail there and have Mozilla import it?

Same questions for Mozilla and IE Favourites, but that's not so important.

I haven't wiped NT4 off yet, so if there's anything I can/should do while it's still there, let me know.
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Ok, I've found that OE can import its own mail from a specified directory, so I can do that and then import into Mozilla. Cool.
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Anyway, OE *.dbx files should be in docs&settings\userxxx\local settings\applic. data\identities\...etc

Comment

Working...
      X