New G550 driver for Linux released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G550 driver for Linux released

There's an updated set of drivers for G series cards at Matrox's website: http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...les/lnx_30.cfm

This is a Beta release (aren't they all?) with a version of 3.0. The release notes say that the packages contains support for the G550 and other "previously released drivers".

I haven't tried them because I see no benefit for my G400MAX, but those with a G550 may be interested.

FYI.

The Matrox HAL doesn't work properly for me with XFree86 4.3.0. Perhaps this fixes it.
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Could anyone with a G550 and flatpanel please try these drivers ot see if the delay bug is gone?! I tried asking this on the Matrox forum, but I got a very strange answer.

Comment

I don't think the delay is limited to DVI. Using the HAL driver adds several seconds to my XFree86 startup whether I'm using its functionality or not.

Comment

Oh. All I've heard is that people with DVI-connected displays get a delay up to a minute before X starts.

I haven't seen this my self, but I can't recommend the G550 to anyone until the problem is fixed.

Comment

Forgot to mention my setup's a G400MAX with either one or two analog CRTs (just one at the moment).

Comment

Update: It turns out that my secondary monitor is broken. I've been saying for a while that the Matrox HAL doesn't work properly with XFree86 4.3.0, as it happens my monitor must have broken at the same time I upgraded. I tried DualHead with Windows today and had the same problems, swapped monitors around and presto! Matrox, I humbly apologise.

Comment

FBdev?!

Hi,

has anyone tried to use the fbdev to solve the dvi-problems concerning the delay?!

(I just described my problem in our german XFree86-Newsgroup (de.comp.os.unix.x11). They said, I should try this.)

BTW: Using the g550 with X4.2, my desktop seems to have a very very bad performance. Moving windows or scrolling through websites is unbelivable slow (compared with Windows). Do you think this is the normal behavior? Is it possible that this can also be solved by using the framebuffer-device?

Is use the newest matrox-drivers and X4.2.

thx,
                mechko

Comment

Working...
                X