A question regarding possible damage to parhelia board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question regarding possible damage to parhelia board

When I pulled the board from antistatic bag, I noticed that the top of the thingie marked red bellow on generic Parhelia pic from Matrox was slightly chipped.

The card is functioning w/o problems (tried UT and 3Dmark), both ran w/o problems.

The 2D is wonderful (fast, sharp) and I didn't notice any banding whatsoever (I do have a quality PSU).

The thing chipped is marked red (It's generic parhelia photo from image library, i can take it out and scan it.)

What would that mean - only the edge of the top thin cylinder (button shapped thing) - black colour - that covers copper coil is lightly chipped.

I'll scan the card if you need more detail.
    Attached Files

No biggie.
    All the BBz got OEM Ps, and about half of us reported those parts chipped.
    Long as it's working, I wouldn't sweat it. No magic smoke can escape from there
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Cool, that's all I wanted to hear.

I was affraid that it will blow up one day or something. (GT98's story scared me a bit.)

Kruzin thanks for quick reply.
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 25 July 2003, 15:50.

Comment

Yeah thats just an inductor for the power regulator. There isn't any problem if a litle edge of the top of chipped... it'll only start to effect the properties of the component if a good sized chunk of the ferrite meterial is broken.

Comment

Working...
        X