PDA

View Full Version : Rights when returning goodS (UK)?

Fat Tone
25th July 2003, 05:43
I've had to return 2 cases to Scan recently - they collected them and are refunding me (well, they will eventually...it's been over 3 weeks now).

Now I have to return my Coolermaster Aero 7 (thank god I was there when it died). Scan say I have to arrange return myself due to having had it more than seven days. I say ok, refund my postage, then say no, I say you must, they eventually agree to paying up to 4, which I should think will cover it.

Am I right in saying that the company are liable to arrange (or at least pay for) return of mail-order goods?

Scan have very good prices, but thats all they have going for them imo.

T.

Gurm
25th July 2003, 07:35
It really depends. Most companies will eventually pick up shipping, but in the USA at least I don't think they are OBLIGATED to after a reasonable time period.

Gpar_

Paulr
28th July 2003, 03:47
As far as I'm aware a company is not liable to pay for your postage, period.
Even under the distance selling act I believe it is your responsability to get the goods back to them and that is within seven days.

Paddy
28th July 2003, 10:15
I hate Scan period. :(

Rakido
29th July 2003, 04:31
If you buy over internet in Germany, the company has to pay for the return of the goods ( it's an EU directive, if i remember correctly)

Rakido

The PIT
29th July 2003, 05:08
Have fun getting your money out of scan. Looks like small cliams court action. :(