Rights when returning goodS (UK)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rights when returning goodS (UK)?

I've had to return 2 cases to Scan recently - they collected them and are refunding me (well, they will eventually...it's been over 3 weeks now).

Now I have to return my Coolermaster Aero 7 (thank god I was there when it died). Scan say I have to arrange return myself due to having had it more than seven days. I say ok, refund my postage, then say no, I say you must, they eventually agree to paying up to £4, which I should think will cover it.

Am I right in saying that the company are liable to arrange (or at least pay for) return of mail-order goods?

Scan have very good prices, but thats all they have going for them imo.

T.
    Last edited by Fat Tone; 25 July 2003, 05:45.
    FT.

It really depends. Most companies will eventually pick up shipping, but in the USA at least I don't think they are OBLIGATED to after a reasonable time period.

Gpar_
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

As far as I'm aware a company is not liable to pay for your postage, period.
      Even under the distance selling act I believe it is your responsability to get the goods back to them and that is within seven days.
      It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
      Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I hate Scan period.
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

If you buy over internet in Germany, the company has to pay for the return of the goods ( it's an EU directive, if i remember correctly)

Rakido
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Have fun getting your money out of scan. Looks like small cliams court action.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X