Would you buy PH128 bulk for 257$ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy PH128 bulk for 257$ ?

There's one going on locally (online auction site, fixed price, no receipt).

It's originally packed, not opened OEM, not used, with all cables connectors, no driver CD.

The price dropped for about 50$ in a week.

Local bulk version price in computer shops is about 2-times as high, retail can be had in Munich for 397$ (342$ if you get back VAT).

But I'd likely get no warranty from Matrox?

What are chances to clock bulk to retail speeds?
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 24 July 2003, 17:13.

The card will be covered by warranty.
    Most people are able to hit retail speed.
    Sounds like a good price to me.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Even if a client doesn't have the receipt, our rma dep't will take the serial # to find out the date of manufacture and start the 3 year warranty from that date.

Comment

One more thing: I'm in the process of building new rig, for a brief period the card would have to get along with the above rig (the board has BX chipset, lattest beta BIOS, in fact everything (both videocards and all optical drives) is flashed to lattest BIOS/firmware).

Would the thing work?

Also, I talked to the guy on the phone and he said, I can try before buy (bring my rig or his rig).

What would be a good banding test?

Would it be possible to find out the date of manufacture, If I submit serial number after I potentially purchase the card?

Also, how well does Parhelia handle overclocked AGP bus (BX@133, AGP@89).
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 24 July 2003, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU

Would the thing work?

Yess!!!

What would be a good banding test?

What banding?????
          Tried AutoCAD and UnrealTournament in windows against white background (at the same time).

There was no banding.

I do have quality PSU though (everything at 101.5% of specified voltage all the time.

Also, how well does Parhelia handle overclocked AGP bus (BX@133, AGP@89).

Well.

Comment

I don't get it. Split personality?
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Yep, multiheaded even.

Comment

w00t, good for you Utwig

Comment

Working...
                X