Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 on Xp/Win2k

Hello,
    I downloaded VidCap3.01 from Adis web site.
    When I launch the program it say that the capture driver was not installed properly. (I had no problems during install).
    I am using matrox driver package 5.88.061
    Graphics BIOS1.3
    DirectX 8.1

Try to use VideoTools 3.00...

First uninstall VidCap 3.01 and than install VT 3.00.

Install W2K SP4, latest mobo chipset drivers and DirectX9.

Comment

Sorry for what is probably a silly question - what are the "mobo chipset drivers"?
      Thanks a lot,
      Misha

Comment

Each motherboard has a chipset

Pentium II/III chipsets:
        Intel: i440BX/LX/GX/ZX, 810, 815e, 815ep, 820, 840
        VIA: VIA Apollo pro
        There were also some SiS and Serverworks chipstes

Athlon/AthlonXP chipstes:
        AMD: 750, 760, 760MP, 760MPX
        VIA: KT133, KT133A, KT266, KT266A, KT333, KT400, KT600
        SiS: SiS 735, 740, 745, 748...
        nVidia: nForce1, nForce2
        Ali: Ali M@gik

Pentium4/Xeon:
        Intel: 845, 845pe/ge, 850, 860, 865, 875, E7501, E7505
        VIA: P4X266
        There are also some Serwerworks chipstets. There is Ati mobile chipset on the horizon or out already.

(The list is not complete - talking out of memory)

Now Except for intel 440BX (It's so old that Windows already have drivers), one generally needs drivers for chipset for Windows or other OS. (95 didn't have drivers for BX).

To find out which chipset do you have either check your computer screen on post or use utility such as SiSoftSandra or WCPUID

To find out which motherboard do you have without opening the case, you can check out WimsBIOS. Beware as the page has lot's of popup adds (don't notice them in Mozilla) and agressive advertising. Don't install anything, especially not Gator (spyware).

Just look at the charts. If your using IE, turn Internet zone to high security.

Chipstet consists of north bridge and southbridge chip.

The northbridge connects to CPU, RAM, AGP and sometimes SATA, RAID and LAN.

Soutbridge is connected to northbridge and is controlling PCI and ISA bus and onboard IDE, USB, serial ports, parallel ports, PS/2 ports... Onboard RAID is sometimes here.

In order for your computer to perform optimally you need AGP, chipset and IDE controller (generally integrated in southbridge). Sometimes you also need drivers for your integrated video and sound, RAID,....

Chipset drivers:
        Either get them from your motherboard maker's site or better (lattest) from chipste maker's site

Intel: they're called Intel Application acceleration

AMD:

VIA Hyperion drivers:
        viaarena.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, viaarena.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

SiS:

Ali Aladdin:

nVidia:

Serverworks:
        http://www.serverworks.com/index1.html - there are no drivers, so turn to motherboard manufacturer

Hope this helps.

If you have problems also flash your motherboard to lattest or most stable BIOS.

Be sure you know you have the right BIOS for your board, as flashing board with wrong BIOS can render it useless.

The only way to fix this is to either hotswap BIOS with same board and flash, order new BIOS chip from www.badflash.com, order new motherboard or if you have one of latter boards, use emergency floppy.
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 26 July 2003, 05:37.

Comment

gbmsgb

Which motherboard ?
          Just go to manufacturer's site and search for it...

Originally posted by UtwigMU
          Intel: they're called Intel Application acceleration
          Intel Application Accelerator is Ultra-ATA driver, not chipset driver.
          It optimizes harddisks...

Comment

Originally posted by adis
            gbmsgb

Which motherboard ?
            Just go to manufacturer's site and search for it...

Intel Application Accelerator is Ultra-ATA driver, not chipset driver.
            It optimizes harddisks...
            Yes and No

on win9x (95,98,SE,ME) it enables the use of UDMA modes higher than Udma mode 2 (UDMA33).

On W2k and XP it only does its secondary ability: Boosting harddrive performance in exactly the oposit way as all other manufactors UDMA drivers, by instead of minimising CPU utilisation it maximises it to highten performance

Sure the HDD gets a bit faster but your computer on the whole gets slower
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
              Yes and No ...
              Anyway... it is NOT chipset driver for Intel MoBos...

Comment

Technoid

To use IAA
                or not to use it ? What you think... ?

I think "YES".

Comment

Thank you very much for the responses - I will try all these steps and report back...
                  Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X