Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Webcam with good/easy snapshot recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcam with good/easy snapshot recording?

Can anyone recommend a webcam that makes it very simple for a non-skilled user to take mug shots and file them sensibly?

He will need to photograph around 200 people in a day and be able to store the shots in a certain format in a certain place (on a networked drive) and with a 'surname-initial.format' filename.

I'm sure all webcams must come with s/w to do this but I need to make it as easy as possible for him. The camera also needs to perform reasonably well under artificial light.

TIA

T.
    FT.

Erm, for still images, a digital still camera would probably be the better option. Most webcams have horrible quality, which becomes much more evident in stills.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

He would have to do the filing on his own anyway - how would the camera know what the names of the photographed persons are?

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

You mean the camera can't tell the name of the person just by looking?

Seriously though it just needs to make navigating & naming easy- some are a lot more clunky than others.

I don't mind getting a cheap digital camera for taking the stills as long as it comes with suitable s/w. My old Fuji MX-700 had snap-shot s/w that would let me trigger the shutter remotely.
        FT.

Comment

PS the resulting images will be ~qvga for use in a database. Quality isn't too important as long as the person is clearly recognisable.
          FT.

Comment

Can't you just draw them in MS Paint then?
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

While some of them may be oil paintings...
              FT.

Comment

Working...
              X