• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of cars...

Me likey, moi bueno!

BMW Z8

Kevin

Could that be a banger that doesn't look like ass?

Comment

Nicer than the Z4, more like the Z3.

Kevin

Comment

eYup, VERY nice car
        Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

It should be.. it costs enough.

Comment

Ha, I like that, "...maintaining integrity even in high-impact events."

Yesterday I took my car to the garage for emission control and a little motor management tweak. While I was waiting, I wandered around kicking tires on the Z4, Z8 and the M3 CSL.

The new Z4 looks like a jobfish out of water. Bugeye on the side and gasping mouth at the front. It's one thing in the photos, but something else on the street. Can't help but feel it's a dilettante's chicky-micky toy. Sure, it's a good car, but eh...

The Z8 and the M3 CSL look like brothers, not much interested in show. Both look and feel like they want to get out of there and do something, preferrably something drastic.

The Z8 is not small. Actually weighs 200 k more than the M3 CSL. The performance differences aren't much, but the cars are quite different in character. The Z8 is a bit more for the country club set. The M3 CSL is much more versatile and agile, and just as good for shopping as ripping off into the blue. Really ripping!

I'm seriously giving the M3 CSL consideration as my next car, but BMW are a bit evasive about the next 3 series changes. The current 3 has been around for a while now...
            How can you possibly take anything seriously?
            Who cares?

Comment

BTW, I regularly see one of the new BMWs, I think 5 series, around here, and they really look way better in reality than on pictures. BMW should consider contracting new photographers

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I volunteer!!!

...yea, I kicked the tires on the 5s and 7s too. Nice, elegant, but too businessman-pompous for me.
                Last edited by mutz; 24 July 2003, 04:00.
                How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                Who cares?

Comment

The Z8 is very nice, 'tis true. However, for that kind of money there are a LOT of nice roadsters.

Gpar_
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

I also find it interesting that their site does NOT include the M5, which IMHO is one of their finer vehicles!

Gpar_
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

I think the M5 is temporarily unavailable while the model year transition is done. You can probably get them off the lot for a while though. The 2005 M5, while ugly as sin, is getting a 500hp 5.0L V-10 engine, and an SMG (sequential manual gearbox). See details here: http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/b...ontent..0.BMW*
                      Attached Files
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I think any foreign car w/ a "Z" in its name is nice. :-)

Z3
                        Z4
                        Z8

Datsun/Nissan Z cars

Comment

agallag

WRT Your pic - So around your neck of the woods a set of rims consists of only 1 identical one...............
                          Lawrence

Comment

That's a pre-release spy shot, probably near the BMW factory in Germany. They often have strange off the shelf parts bolted on to the prototypes, depends on what they're testing. Considering it's not due for release for a year and a half, it's looking remarkably "finished".
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                              I think the M5 is temporarily unavailable while the model year transition is done. You can probably get them off the lot for a while though. The 2005 M5, while ugly as sin, is getting a 500hp 5.0L V-10 engine, and an SMG (sequential manual gearbox). See details here: http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/b...ontent..0.BMW*
                              I thought the 500 hp M-series was going to be called the M6?

Jammrock
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X