Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMA Encryption...

So, I'm wondering.

I read an article about a new pay music download service that has file restrictions, and ships the music around in WMA format.

I presume that the restrictions on copying and transferring the audio are enforced via the WMA format.

What I'm wondering is, hasn't anyone cracked that yet?

Like, couldn't you sign up for the service and just decrypt all the audio files you download?

I'm just curious. I have no intention of using this sort of service until all the free services have been shut down by the RIAA, and even then I still probably wouldn't.

Gpar_
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

IIRC someone cracked DRM version 2, do a search on unfu#k.exe (replace # with c ) on google. I don't know if newer/older version have been cracked.

Personnaly I would stay far away from any WMA version.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

There's always the old standby stereo jack to another computer and record it method. There are some conversion programs out there but I am unsure as to if they pay attention to or ignore DRM.

Comment

The first thing that'd keep me off from downloading WMA files is the WMP, regardless of any encryption or not.
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
        X