ULEAD MediaStudio Pro & Smart Render & Panasonic MPEG-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULEAD MediaStudio Pro & Smart Render & Panasonic MPEG-2

I just verified that Ulead Smart Render technology works BEAUTIFULLY with Panasonic MPEG-2.

I set up a custom "Panasonic" project template with the following settings:

NTSC drop frame (29.97 fps)
    Overlay track(s):5
    MPEG files
    24 Bits, 704 x 480, 29.97 fps
    Field Order B
    (DVD-NTSC), 4 : 3
    Video data rate: Variable (Max. 9556 kbps)
    Audio data rate: 256 kbps
    AC-3 Audio, 48 KHz, 2/0(L,R)

I then inserted the MPEG-2 file recorded by the Panasonic DMR-E50.

I then used the scissors to cut the file into two clips and I moved the second clip to the VB track and then placed a transition between the two clips.

I then clicked FILE > CREATE > VIDEO FILE and then SAVE to see if the timeline would Smart Render.

Wow!

Smart Render worked perfectly!

The Ulead MediaStudio Pro render progress indicator appeared as a pop-up and the vertical timeline indicator just SAILED through the first clip - only slowing down to render precisely where the transition was located.

When it finished the transition, the vertical timeline indicator again sailed through the remainder of the clip.

To check even further, I then used the scissors to clip the second clip in a location farther down the timeline.

I then moved the last clip back up to the Va track, overlapping with the clip in the Vb track and I inserted another transition.

I then clicked FILE > CREATE > VIDEO FILE and I again watched as the Ulead MediaStudio Pro render progress pop-up appeared.

Again - the vertical timeline indicator shot through the already-rendered portion of the timeline, slowing down only where the second transition was inserted.

Ulead MediaStudio Pro's Smart Render feature works with the high quality MPEG-2 recorded by the Panasonic player/recorders!

I can't wait to get my new Panasonic VDR-M30 DVD disc camcorder!

Curious about Ulead MediaStudio Pro?

Read about it here:

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Don't blow a gasket Jerry

It is nice to find all these hidden features & capabilities though, isn't it?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

This is really good news!

I see Panasonic seems to have dropped the price on the DMR-E30S to <$400 to compete with the Apex DVD+RW units starting to arrive at Walmart.

I'll probably try the Apex unit when my local Walmart finally get them since I already have a DVD+RW/R burner and some blank DVD+RW disks, but I'm also thinking of a 4X DVD+/- combo burner and the OEM Hitachi/LG 4040 throws in DVD-RAM as well for $235 OEM making the DMR-E20 much more attractive that it was a few months ago. Local stores with the E20 are still around $600 making it a mail order only option for the time being.

--wally.

Comment

I would be willing to bet Ulead MediaStudio Pro will Smart Render the MPEGs generated by the Apex machines as well.

Jerry Jones

Comment

The contents of the DVD_RTAV folder should be the same regardless of if it's on DVD-R, DVD+R or DVD-RAM so it should work.

Just for the record on the DVD-R vs. DVD+R compatability issue with conventional DVD players, CDR-info just did a test with lots of players. Their score;

DVD-R: 96% + compatability
          DVD+R: 87% + compatability

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 July 2003, 12:33.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Right, Doc.

The Panasonic's 'high quality' setting produces MPEG with these properties:

NTSC drop frame (29.97 fps)
            Overlay track(s):5
            MPEG files
            24 Bits, 704 x 480, 29.97 fps
            Field Order B
            (DVD-NTSC), 4 : 3
            Video data rate: Variable (Max. 9556 kbps)
            Audio data rate: 256 kbps
            AC-3 Audio, 48 KHz, 2/0(L,R)

The Apex likely offers similar options.

It would simply be a matter of configuring a custom template in Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7 to conform to the Apex file properties.

Should work.

Jerry Jones

Comment

I'd love to get hold of a copy to run through my MPEG analyzer and see the rest of its stream properties (IBP, open/closed GOP settings, DC precision etc).

Email me privately, OK?

Terry
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 July 2003, 13:47.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Will do.

Jerry Jones

Comment

Working...
                X