Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m2v (mpeg2) video format

Hello,
    1st of all this is not a matrox related question but since you guys usually know lots about video editing I'll ask anyway
    I've recorded directly via SCSI from a DVB satellite receiver(nokia 9500, DVB200 equipped) some short mpeg2 clips because I wanted to compare the "original" quality with the quality I get recording through my RRG.
    I extracted m2v (video) and mp2 (audio) streams digitally so I though that their quality would have been clearly superior to the one I get.
    Well, this isn't so...
    If I use media player the m2v plays with a h/v ratio os 2:1 (I think this is because my m2v is PAL interlaced, right?) so I cant judge the video quality.
    But... if I use PowerDVD, it reads my m2v, it recognizes it's interlaced and probably does some deinterlacing because the output video looks really blurry and lacks of definition (ie it would look better on regular TV than on my monitor) but the aspect ratio is correct.
    Is there some way to deinterlace my m2v video with a better quality than the one I get with PowerDVD?
    I guess that Virtualdub doesn't work with mpeg2, AFAIK, but I would be happy to be wrong about this
    Thanks for the help and sorry for the off-topic
Working...
X