Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB Industro Weld?

Sheesh this stuff is tough!!

Early last week the outer spline on my tractors left rear axel universal joint (it has 4 wheel steering) stripped. The replacement U-joint cost over $70 USD, so I decided to try fixing it with a $10 tube of JB Industro Weld; a two part adhesive for repairing metal and about anything else according to the box.

I did the repair yesterday and today I put it back together, started the tractor up and gave it a test run. Part of this was putting her in 7th gear and cutting loose for a while and another part was doing a set of wheelies (yes, it'll do wheelies) to see if the repair would let go. Nope, and on re-inspection no problems either.

After I did the repair I told a neighbor about it and he informed me that he'd repaired a cracked block in an old car with this stuff and that it's still holding after 4 years

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 July 2003, 02:09.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Liquid steel on tube
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Been using it for years now, excellent stuff, highly reccomended

"Hot Metal Mend" is also great for fixing cracked blocks, stripped threads, etc handles upto 2400f/1316c and can be machined (1-800-976-8898)
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yep, used it many times, repaired anything from perforated intake manifold to cracked pipes.

Amazing stuff.
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

http://www.overclockers.com/tips169/

Comment

Check the date of the article: 08/08/00.

There's NO WAY I'd try that with an Athlon XP or P4.

I don't think I'd try it even with my old TBird!

Kevin

(That JB Weld is wonderful stuff, though!)

Comment

Working...
            X