DVDs Printed with Epson 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDs Printed with Epson 900

I am getting one in a few days. Anyone had any good results with this or the other Epson printers, printing on DVDs?

I was wondering if I will need to get something to finish the DVDs with after I print them?? Laquer?? or Whatever?

thanks,

Ted
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

You will only need disks with a printable face.
    I have a duplicator at work that copies CD and prints them, and it's just a basic inkjet type printhead, as I'm sure your Epson is.
    It will only work on CDs/DVDs specifically made for printing on (more expesive than most CDs/DVDs). If you try to use a regular CD/DVD, the ink will just blotch, run off, and never dry right.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin, but what I am after here is what others are doing with their DVDs to make them look more professional and maybe seal in the ink......or NOT.

Ted
      Premiere PRO XP Pro
      Asus P4s533
      P4-2.8
      Matrox G450
      RT.x100
      45 GIG System Drive
      120 Export Drive
      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
      17" P4-3 HT
      1024 RAM
      32 MEG GForce
      60 GIG 7200RPM HD
      80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
      DVD RW/RAM

Comment

My experience so far has been that with an injet type disk printer, a regular 'shiny' disk will start to blot as soon as the ink is applied. No chance to 'seal' it in any way....it's garbage by the time it comes out of the printer.
        But that doesnt mean you can't make a proffesional looking disk with a printable disk. I can print disks in color, and they look as good as many "proffesional" disks. I just can't make one with shiny areas exposed...

Lookin at the specs on that printer:
        Epson America, Inc. Official Site. Product information, drivers, support, and online shopping for Epson products including inkjet printers, ink, paper, projectors, scanners, wearables, smart glasses, POS, robotics, and factory automation.

they make it clear that it's for use only with printable face disks.
        Unless someone offers some special ink (which I've never heard of), I don't think you're going to get anything to work right on a shiny disk with a basic inkjet printer.
        Last edited by Kruzin; 18 July 2003, 23:04.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Do you coat your printed DVDs with anything to help in appearence or durability?

Ted
          Premiere PRO XP Pro
          Asus P4s533
          P4-2.8
          Matrox G450
          RT.x100
          45 GIG System Drive
          120 Export Drive
          Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
          17" P4-3 HT