Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Duck Rubber duck

Coming to a beach near you soon.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Of course they could be the missing wmd.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Wow, Rubber Duckies teaching scientists, who would have thought.......
    A Smith & Wesson beats Four Aces

Comment

Pretty amazing that the rubber ducks have been able to last that long. Then again the article doesn't specify how many have actually survived the journey, though a fair amount I would guess given the ability to track them.

The closing part about the dead body in the survival suit was interesting.

Edit: Maybe if I read the title I would have see the "thousands" figure. Of course the shipment was probably larger than that I'd imagine, so I'd be interested in knowing the number of ducks that survived compared to the ones that were lost.
      Last edited by Jessterw; 15 July 2003, 09:57.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Well probably the inventory went down with the ship or overboard as well. I presume they had other matters concerning them rather than counting rubber ducks.

Rubber duck Rubber duck
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Do you think they can still sell the Ducks on a market stating "REAL-ALL-AROUND-THE-WORLD-DUCKS" ?
          Let those who want to be simple, be simple.

Comment

What, none got eaten by rubber sharks????
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

LOL

I'll check the chinesse restaurant down-town, perhaps they are already making a delicious rubber duck dish!
              <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

..time to sell yellow ducks on ebay.

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ssin
                  Do you think they can still sell the Ducks on a market stating "REAL-ALL-AROUND-THE-WORLD-DUCKS" ?
                  Those ducks must have put on quite a few miles during their journey.

On a side note they mentioned there was beavers that fell overboard... I don't really like the thought of Beavers having that much mileage....
                  #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                  people do all day!"

Comment

Those rubber duckies are pretty resilient to last 11 years out there in the sun and weather. Wonder what they look like now after all that? And why haven't they washed ashore YET? And why do they know they are going to wash ashore in New England now?

Comment

The rubber and other materials they make those things out of is very, VERY tough stuff. And since it's designed to fend off vicious attacks by bloodthristy babies intent on eating them, they are also very resistant to giving off chemicals and thus probably can stand up to a suprising amount of weather.

Comment

I'd like to see how long one would last with my dog.
                        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                        people do all day!"

Comment

Working...
                        X