Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIS monitoring tool?

Damn Microsoft.

I've recently been experiencing serious instability with the server at work that runs the support website I'm webmaster for (I'd post a url, but it's login only and a bit dull without one ). The webserver process gets confused and stops working.

The upshot of this is that the website isn't available but the services associated with it are still running - the built in monitoring tools in Windows aren't able to identify that there is a problem and don't restart the machine as they would if something serious went wrong.

Am I going to have to write a tool to check the website every X minutes and reboot the machine if the website goes down for more than ten mins? Or is there a useful freeware tool out there that will do this for me (work are cheapskates)?

I'd like to get some downtime to try and fix the problem instead of the symptoms but they want 24 / 7 service.

Thanks for any suggestions guys.

Uberlad
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

a bit of net start/stop love?

does the service stop or is it frozen?

you could try a "net start xxxservice" in a *.bat file and run it as a task every x minutes. dunno if it would help ...

Comment

The IIS processes get so locked up you need to reboot the machine.

In the end I wrote a serviec that watches a website and if it goes offline for more than a couple of minutes it reboots the machine.

Easy. Once I got the service programming down pat.

Uberlad
      -------------------------
      8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
      5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

have you updated the server software recently?

Comment

Working...
        X