PDA

View Full Version : Worse movie of the summer ... so far.

Jammrock
14th July 2003, 10:14
Just curious what people thing was the biggest mound of festering garbage to grace the big summer screen.

Jammrock

PS - Sorry if I forgot any.

mmp121
14th July 2003, 10:26
Where's the all of the above option? :)

GuchiGuh
14th July 2003, 10:43
T3 not out in australia yet

Byock
14th July 2003, 11:47
Hulk. Went WAY to far off in left field for me. :mad:

bsdgeek
14th July 2003, 11:50
I don't think Hulk was as bad as 2 Fast 2 Furious.

KvHagedorn
14th July 2003, 12:25
Well, I can't vote because I have only seen two of these. :p

Can't see how Charlie's Angels could be so bad when you get to look at Drew Barrymore the whole time. :D

Not to mention the other two cuties..

Byock
14th July 2003, 13:42
Originally posted by KvHagedorn
Well, I can't vote because I have only seen two of these. :p

Can't see how Charlie's Angels could be so bad when you get to look at Drew Barrymore the whole time. :D

Not to mention the other two cuties..

:up: I liked Charlie's Angles, both 1 and 2. :D If you look at them like a comedy. Fake actions, Cheesy one liners. Gratuitous butt shots, and sexual innuendos. What more can you ask for? ;)

KvHagedorn
14th July 2003, 13:50
I know.. loved the first one, but haven't seen this one yet. So silly it's hilarious. :D

Wombat
14th July 2003, 13:56
2F2F looks like a sin against mankind, and LXG is getting pretty bad reviews.

bsdgeek
14th July 2003, 13:59
I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but LXG was pretty good until the horrible plot twist in the middle. That and seemingly patched together end scenes.

KvHagedorn
14th July 2003, 14:12
At the end of both Conan movies they say Conan became king by his own hand.. "but that is another story". I've been wondering if Arnold would make a "Conan the King" sequel, but now that he's going into politics, it would probably just make him the butt of too many jokes.

KRSESQ
14th July 2003, 18:02
I recall hearing that "King Conan" was in development...

http://www.robertchapin.com/cgi-bin/bbs/index.pl?read=843

Kevin

Jammrock
14th July 2003, 19:27
King Conan has been off again, on again for a long time. What it basically boils down to is whether T3 does well. No movie studio wants to shell out big $$$ for Ah-nold unless they are positive he can still bring in the $$$$$$ and the box office.

So if T3 becomes a blockbuster, and Ah-nold doesn't enter politics, there will very likely be a "King Conan" flick, written and directed by the the guy that did the original on (Barbarian?).

Jammrock

Strahd
14th July 2003, 20:25
Isn't he already scheduled for True Lies II? Bad Boys II looks completely retarded fromt he previews.

bsdgeek
14th July 2003, 20:27
Everytime I see Will Smith I hear "Now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned upside down, and I'd like to take a min..." in my head. :D

Jessterw
15th July 2003, 09:41
Well I've only seen X2 so far, and it wasn't so bad as much as it left me wanting more.

If I had to guess I'd have to say the American Idol movie would have to be the worse, I just don't see how it couldn't be.

bsdgeek
15th July 2003, 09:49
There's an American Idol movie? :speechl: :down:

Jessterw
15th July 2003, 09:58
Yeah, "From Justin to Kelly" or something like that. It would be the "From Queen to Whore" option I assume.

bsdgeek
15th July 2003, 10:04
Yuck, didn't know about that one. Even 2 Fast 2 Furious has to be better. :eek:

Ssin
15th July 2003, 10:15
Well since I only saw Matrix and Bruce I can only vote for those two. But I'm quite sure (having seen the previews of the others) that Bruce wins big time here. Even my girlfriend told me : "I've never seen a movie so bad since 1998". Jim Carrey is unconvincing (as usual) and Morgan Freeman is just an empty shell. Throw in Kermit the Frog and Peggy instead of those two and it could have made a good "Muppets God-O-Kermit" movie.
Good thing I didn't pay for that one...

Jammrock
15th July 2003, 11:30
Originally posted by Jesterzwild
Yeah, "From Justin to Kelly" or something like that. It would be the "From Queen to Whore" option I assume.
You would be correct.

Jammrock

Strahd
15th July 2003, 20:35
Originally posted by bsdgeek
Everytime I see Will Smith I hear "Now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned upside down, and I'd like to take a min..." in my head. :D

LOL

Gurm
16th July 2003, 04:34
Actually, I _liked_ Bruce Almighty. Maybe I just let myself get "into" Jim Carrey a bit much. *shrug*

I just don't see any way that 2Fast2Furious couldn't be the worst movie of all time, nevermind the summer. It's like those "rice boy" videos that are popping up at my local Best Buy with skanky chicks on the cover and riced-out cars.

Gurm_