Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disciples II Expansion and Parhelia

Hi,
    I'm trying to get Disciples II with patch 2.01 running on my Parhelia and it crashes immediately with a "can't initialise Disciples II" error.
    Anyone else tried it?

Thanks...

P.S. I _hate_ Matrox's own support forum. What's the idea having something on the _web_ that closes down outside of North American business hours? It's close to obscene for a company with a global user base. Despite the friendliness of the staff that one thing makes it the _worst_ online support experience I've ever had, since usually I can't actually post to it _at all_.
    I don't mind if they don't _answer_ till days later, but I want to be able to post in _my_ time frame, not theirs.
    I've complained about this in their forum (I had to try to post the message 6 times before it actually let me.) but they don't seem to care in the slightest.

They only close their forums on the weekends. During the week the forums are open 24 hours. They close on the weekends because there is nobody there to moderate, and they don't want spam attacks that could go 2 days unchecked.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

That doesn't quite match my experience, since I compared times occasionally and taking timezones into account it was definitely North American weekdays.

But anyway, that's all an aside...

Is there some way to fake an older slower video card with the Parhelia? Something I can try that might trick the game into working?

Comment

They do close the forums for Canadian bank holidays, but that's what? 8 days a year or so?
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Laugh. Well, if that's the cause I have _very_ bad luck...

GNEP, I seem to recall you got Morrowind going with the surround thing. I've hunted around but can't find the registry hacks to enable extra resolutions. The links to "Rom's thread" only talk about flight sim and don't have any info about changing resolutions or editing the registry.

The Optimizer thingy works well, just the resolution changes left to work out...

Thanks, Evan.

Comment

http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42484 for links for the latest version of FPS optimiser.

Look here:

for the registry entries.

Note that you have to use the Hexadecimal values for screen width and height (ie 960 for screen width and 258 for screen height will give you 2400x600 resolution). Also make sure that you DON'T use the Morrowind "Options" tab to change resolution after that - unless you want to go back to single screen. Of course your desktop will have to be in 3 screen stretched desktop mode before you try any of this

Comment

Ahhh... It's so beautiful.

Thank you.

Comment

Glad to be of service

Comment

Working...
                X