Cure for the common cold ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure for the common cold ?

I was just wondering if anyone had a cure for the common cold ?? or flu in my case ? Want to share it with me ??
    As I have had the Flu for over a week now and I feel terrible
    I was actually starting to feel great on saturday, though yesterday I had a bit of a relapse or what I think is a secondry virus

Thank God !! the weather is great just now Which is very unusual in the Uk or atleast in Scotland ..hehe

1) wear socks while sleeping
    2) drink : hot water, mix honey and lemon.
    3) slurp Chicken soup

I am being dead serious!

Comment

For a quick hit of relief, take a Beechams Powder straight from the sachet and pour on your tongue. Use as little water as necessary to wash it down. Works very quick, lasts for a few hours.

HTH

T.
      FT.

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
        1) wear socks while sleeping
        2) drink : hot water, mix honey and lemon.
        3) slurp Chicken soup

I am being dead serious!
        Hehe, that's exactly what I do, only at part 2 it's tea with either honey or aspirin thrown in.

Comment

IIRC the common cold is actually 47 different bugs that similar to each other. The other thing I could suggest is upping your Vitamin C intake, that helps alot also
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I have a solution but it may not be available where you are.

It's called "Wellness", or "Host Defense" by a company called "Source Naturals".

It's a HIGHLY effective herbal concoction that combines ALL the things your body needs to make your immune system kick some major ass.

Garlic, echinacea, goldenseal, grapeseed/root, etc. etc. etc.

This stuff is miraculous. I never believed in that crap, but my brother-in-law made me try it. It turned a weeklong cold into one crappy day and a couple days of "gee I think I sort of feel unwell but it's not bad enough to really bother me".

It's GREAT stuff. Amazing stuff.

But availability? Dunno.

Under their "Bio-Aligned Formulas", you want the "Wellness Formula(R)".

You do NOT want the other "Wellness" stuff, as a lot of it is homeopathetic, with fake "ingredients" such as "boneroot 4x" and "extract of tincture of hawthorn 10x".

Can you tell that I hate homeopathetic crap? It's just unscientific and silly. "Dilute it until you can't find it any more on a spectrometer... then dilute it AGAIN... and it'll help make you healthy." Yeah, 'cuz it's DISTILLED WATER. Jesus.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Get very pissed. Wrap up warm and sweat it out.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

My usual remedy.

1) Sleep with socks, a sweat shirt and a stocking hat on. Most of your bodies heat is released through the head and the upper body (thus most of your sweat when you work comes from the head and the chest ), and you need to keep warm when you are sick, so the hat and sweat shirt help. The socks work because a lot of blood vessels and nerves go through your feet, so keeping your feet warm help s a lot too.

2) Eat foods that are easy to digest and/or have lots of vitamin C. The mentioned herbal (non-black) teas are great, as is hot water with lemon and honey. Chicken soup, a pure veggie soup work well too. Oranges, grapefruit, etc work wonders. If you drin kcoffe or smoke, stop until you're over your flu (or just stop smoking all together ).

3) Sleep a whole hell of a lot! The less your body has to work, the more it can concentrate efforts on fighting the bugs. Take a day or two off from work and do nothing but get up to eat and crap.

4) Wash your clothes and linens every day, every other day at the latest.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                X