Converting jpeg to Quicktime VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting jpeg to Quicktime VR

What app do you suggest for converting jpegs to quicktime vr files???
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Anyone have any ideas???

I need to do this to convert panoramic jpegs into MOV files for 360 lookarounds...

Comment

Why is it that it has to be in a mov file in particular? - how do you see the conversion process from Jpeg (still image ) to movie (any format) happening

Are you interested in simply viewing the panorama you have created in a continues dynamic way, or do you actually want to assemble still images in a movie format.

If you want a nice panorama viewer for your pc you can try Panoviewer from Pixtra.

Camstudio allows one to capture the contents of a predefined section of the PC screen in a continuous fashion (as in creating an xxx.avi file) - if you were to set it up so that it captures the display windows of Panoview, I guess you could create a movie of the viewing of the panorama in that way. What its going to look like, you can tell us .

Converting to xxx.mov............. I suspect you need a quicktime license for that - but I could be wrong.
      Last edited by LvR; 14 July 2003, 01:00.
      Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by LvR
        Why is it that it has to be in a mov file in particular? - how do you see the conversion process from Jpeg (still image ) to movie (any format) happening

Are you interested in simply viewing the panorama you have created in a continues dynamic way, or do you actually want to assemble still images in a movie format.
        He is referring to the Quicktime VR format. This allows one to view a 360° panoramic photo more or less realistically. You just see a picture, and scroll it left/right for as much as you like (all the way round ).

(I edited the thread subject, as to indicate Quicktime VR in stead of merely Quicktime)

Jörg
        Last edited by VJ; 14 July 2003, 01:13.
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Ok thanks for clearing that up - always something to learn I suppose. Panoviewer can do 360 too - or is the "Quicktime VR" the real issue?

Quicktime VR tools lists some tools to get the job done ............... guess needs to play with the problem a bit too see what it is I am missing.

Jpeg to PICT perhaps?
          Last edited by LvR; 14 July 2003, 01:47.
          Lawrence

Comment

Here's a site where I used what I think you're talking about:

The guy that put the panoramas together for us runs this:

He might have some info on how he did it. A word of warning though - the pics he took, when in JPEG format were from a camera spinning round automatically on a tripod, and look rather odd!
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

News item for the 10th April 2003: 10th April 2003 - I have bought a new camera a Canon 10D. This is a DSLR camera and I now use a Sigma 8mm fisheye lens with it. I have got RealViz's Stitcher, to work with this to produce very high quality panoramas.

So I guess "RealViz's Stitcher" might be what you're looking for? Or that might just be to produce the single JPEG that you start with before converting to QT-VR. Not sure.
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

K6-III

Do you own a copy of Quicktime VR authoring studio? - this thing looks like it has all the doodas built-in to do exactly what you need/want to do. At around $400 a pop you better be damn sure you gonna be using this thing to create seriously impressive and money earning work.

Here is another authoring tool - VRToolbox - MUCH cheaper!
                Last edited by LvR; 14 July 2003, 14:30.
                Lawrence

Comment

Thanks a bunch for your suggestions.
                  Let me check them out.

This is actually for my dad who currently does panoramic photography of real estate for a living and was looking to move to quicktime vr for ease of use on the customer end.

Comment

Working...
                  X