Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox Marvel G400 and Premiere ...please help me!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Marvel G400 and Premiere ...please help me!!!!!

HI, I'm using Matrox Marvel G400 with Premiere 5.1C and I have any problems:
    when I play the video captured with Matrox Mjpeg in the source windows ,the film it's OK in the Monitor and on the TV too. Only if I use the Frame Forward or Frame Back I see only black in the monitor and on the TV; after that I press Play and I can see all in perfect mode. So I can't insert a video from Mark in to Mark out!!!!
    After I move the clip in the timeline and then rendering all. When I press play in the target windows the video appear jerky in the windows and on the TV too. The diference is that now I can see all in perfect mode if I use the Frame Forward or Frame Back. In this way I can't recorder directly to the VCR because the movie jerkey . I can only export to movie with Matrox MJPEG compressor and then play file with source Premiere , PC-VCR Remote or Windows Media Player.
    How work premiere in the souce and target monitor???
    I have tried to change resolution , Kb/sec., field setting in the rendering option without solution.
    I can't capture movie in premiere without crash ,but this is not a really problem.
    Working with the AVID CINEMA .. capture, preview, play movie, export movie ,it's all OK!!!! WHY????
    There's anybody can help me?????
    My system is:
    Athlon 750 Mhz, 128MB pc133, 46 GB ata100, windows 98 4.10 , Sony E400 1024x768 120Hz
    prem50.ini
    [override]
    NoDirectShow=1
    [codec]
    keepopen=dmb1
    in the premiere's directory.
    Thank you folks!!!!

Hi,

First of all you're not alone. Premiere can be a bear to get working right, and even then it can be bug ridden and unstable. A big dose of patience and an absense of panic is in order

Now for the routine fix-it procedure....

Whenever Premiere acts up I go to its installation folder and delete the Prem50.prf file.

Don't worry, the next time Premiere starts up it'll re-scan all its resources and plugins and generate a new Prem50.prf file, which hopefully will fix the problem. This is always step #1 when pursuing Premiere glitches.

Take two aspirin, delete the file can call back if Premiere is still flaky (which is like saying it rains a lot in England).

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 26 October 2000).]

Comment

Well, I have deleted the prem50.prf file. Something is changed. At the start up it's start with 29.97 timebase ; I think because is in NTSC standard. If I try to import a file in PAL I can see only flicker. Then I load Matrox MJPEG full 25 fps PAL setting ,and now the film in the souce windows is not linear, it's look like if something it's stop and then start all very quickly, but now the frame forward and back it's OK , I can see all the frame. About the target windows nothing is changed. During the play the number time ( in the program location ) is not linear , it's jump from sencond to second and the video appear jerky.
      OK , what's step number 2 ?
      Thank you . Bye

Comment

Working...
      X