Help Needed with Win 98 SE and Matrox G400-TV please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed with Win 98 SE and Matrox G400-TV please

I am using Windows 98 SE and my Matrox G400-TV card.

If I record straight to MJPEG, things seem to work ok for the most part.

However, if I try to recompress the video using Video Wave 3.5 or even Pinnacle Studio 8.5, I totally lose audio synchronization, and it bugs me mightily.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

BTW, it seems that the best way to use my card is to simply capture using the Defaults in the Matrox Remote that comes with the Video Tools 1.55.043 (the last set that works with win 98 I think).

I don't think I can get any newer version of the video tools to work with my G400-TV and Windows 98 SE, right?

If that is the case, I record say 2 hours of the Stargate Season 7 premier in 352x240 and it is about 10 gig.

So, in order to try to fit it on something, I have to reprocess it.

Does anyone have some good advice on how to do that?

I try using Video Wave 3.5, but it gets only down to about 2 gig (with good quality, but audio not in sync)

If I use Pinnacle and choose WEB VIDEO in Microsoft WMV format it can fit it down to 697 meg, just small enough to fit on the CD, pretty ok quality, but again, audio not synced.

I'd appreciate any tips/help you can give me.

Thank you very much.

BTW, I have tried Virtual Dub but it says that I can't append the videos because one is like 29.997 and the other is like 29.986 or something.

Best results so far with Pinnacle, but it is a buggy slow program.
Working...
X