To be Matrox or not to be Matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be Matrox or not to be Matrox

I'm get frustated. While we are waiting better driver supporting ps 2.0. Ati and Nvidia are preparing PS and VS 3.0 for november.

Can the Matrox Boss be a little bit humble talking with us and explain their plain for the future?

Sorry for this post if anyone can consider inappropriate.

Ciao
    Amiga Blitter

I have the feeling that Matrox is not going the Gamers Route in the near and distant future.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

PS, VS 3.0? What for? Who will use them?!? 2.0 PS. VS aren't being used yet, and what are the specs for PS, VS 3.0, and who made them? Are they part of DirectX10? We will wait for 2-3 years untill that one comes to our OS's...

Comment

ps 2.0 and ps 3.0 aswell as vs 2.0 and ps 3.0 is part of the directx9 spec.

and no driver can make parhelia support ps 2.0 (it just isn´t there)it can however support vs 2.0.
        This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Goc
          PS, VS 3.0? What for? Who will use them?!? 2.0 PS. VS aren't being used yet, and what are the specs for PS, VS 3.0, and who made them? Are they part of DirectX10? We will wait for 2-3 years untill that one comes to our OS's...
          This same arguement was used with hardware T&L, but now, all the newer cards have it, and are now starting to see games take full advantage of it...

Craig
          1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Which doesn't mean that what said Goc isn't true, Stringy.
            Don't forget that T&L was introduced in consumer cards something like 3,5 years ago, and
            now, all the newer cards have it, and are now starting to see games take full advantage of it...
            whoaaa...that was fast
            Last edited by Nowhere; 13 July 2003, 06:06.

Comment

... and the original cards to support HW T&L are going to run new games how fast exactly?
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Super BLAZING MEGASPEED 100%

Comment

LOL only with the right driver optimization skillz
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Right, it does take time, and wether a card has said future feature or not and to what extent has to be wieghed...
                    But if it weren't emplimented we would still be waiting for Advanced T&L to be in our future titles

But to not advance for the simple sake that the gaming world hasn't caught up isn't a wise move [for the corp that make cards] because when you get stationary that's when your competitor whisles by you with a new technology that is all the rage...

Basically to keep advancing is good, to wiegh a whole card buying decision on whether X card has X future feature is short sighted.... although, that is the market trend, mindless "I need that feature" garbage...

Craig
                    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

What about Surround Gaming then?
                      Absolutely awesome feature that you're able to use with large number of games already!
                      And the other two graphic card manufacturers have missed it!

Comment

Oh boy... here we go again...

Sorry to break the party, but I bet we have a lot of threads talking about the same BS over and over all the time... lets face it fanboys (including me). Matrox won't make gaming cards in the near future. If you want good 2d + 3d, go ATI instead, or pick up a DVI panel + an nV card...

IMO its pointless to say this thing over and over all the time... besides, IMO Matrox has no RnD power/money to build a gaming card that is compeitive to that of ATI/nV

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                          Which doesn't mean that what said Goc isn't true, Stringy.
                          Don't forget that T&L was introduced in consumer cards something like 3,5 years ago, and

whoaaa...that was fast
                          LOL agree.

Comment

They had the chances to compete, but they never executed. They sat on the competitive Parhelia 8x (and still are) and could be sitting on Pitou (if it's done or not.)

Besides, everyone seems to say they won't come back then they pull a rabbit out of their hat. Not that I will hold my breath, but I think faster cards are coming by this time next year.

Comment

I've heard the words "speed-accelerated" referred to in regards to Matrox.

I could only think this refers to P8X.
                              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X