Warcraft 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft 3

Have people been able to play Warcraft III, with or without the Frozen Throne add-on, with their P750? I'm getting 0xc0000005 errors every time I try to load it (crashes before the opening movie). I've checked into other possible causes, but I am wondering if it could be a video driver issue. I am running version 1.4.1.3 (the newer driver doesn't work properly for me, seemingly operating in PCI mode, rather than AGP mode of any sort).

BTW, I am running WinXP.

Nathan

This seems to be a common problem, check the support forums on battle.net.

I used to have that error as well from time to time, but then for another reason i formated and reinstalled windows and have not seen the error since. Same drivers same everything, so i don't know what caused it.

This is not an advice to reinstall windows
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Thop, you should add that you don't use a p750

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I don't use a P750

Comment

And if ncfoster has nvidia chipset...

Comment

nForce2

Yes, I have the nForce2 chipset, which I know has some issues with the P750 for now. I wouldn't think that this was related, the way I understand it, but...

Nathan

Comment

battle.net

Is there a particular reason that the "search" button on those forums is greyed out, even after I log in?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Interesting...I had to do similiar thing to run SC the way I want it.
                    Blizzard specyfic error?

Comment

Yeah, I've tried most things. I tried reducing my audio acceleration all of the way down, one notch at a time. I've tried Win2k and WinMe compatibility mode. I've tried -opengl and -swtnl. I've tried re-installing GART, DirectX and the video drivers. I've looked through my codecs, but I don't know exactly which ones matter (nor do I think that I had the "Nimo" codecs installed.

I bought new memory (Geil PC3500 to replace Crucial PC2100). I've changed so many things that I just can't figure out what it is. I was nearly sure it was the ATI drivers before I installed the P750, since I had encountered this before.

Nathan

Comment

The only issues I had with Warcraft III were with hacked audigy drivers used on my Live 5.1 and bad ram, this game seems to be particulary picky about ram.

Don't know what to tell you, reduce memory timings, run the memory in sync with your CPU fsb...

Comment

Tried that too

I appreciate all of the suggestions, but I have tried that as well. I only briefly tried to do anything other than running my memory in synch with my CPU FSB. I relaxed the timings and there is no effect. To me, it seems like it could well be codecs, but I simply don't know how to figure that out...

Nathan

Comment

I guess it's windows reinstall time then

Just install windows again over your current install, almost all programs and settings will be kept, only some drivers might need reinstalling.

NOTE: I am NOT a windows XP expert (ask Gurm, he is), but this helped me once, and I was impressed how well it remembered everything, so I'd recommend it if you have one spare hour

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Repaired install

Well, I "repaired" my Windows XP install and I am able to run Warcraft III (or at least start it) without the error. In the process, my computer decided to re-install the most recent drivers, so in dxdiag, my computer seems to think it is just a PCI video card. Hopefully, the performance will be ok, at least good enough until the next driver release. I am hoping for a very good next driver release, with the nForce2 issues resolved.

Nathan

Comment

Working...
                              X