Is there any card with RGB-IN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any card with RGB-IN?

Just wondering if there was any card with RGB-IN. And if any VCR actually has an RGB-OUT or Sattelite Reciever.

Maybe the German product - "Casablanca".

------------------
    Lawrence
    Lawrence

Comment

A VCR with RGB out would be silly, the same goes for analogue sat receivers, since they would have to convert the video signal into RGB, which is already done in the TV. But digital sat receivers or other digital equipment like DVD players should have a RGB out.

Comment

My old Amiga computer has RGB out, and I would be pleased to get a RGB in card, so I could continue to use it for titling etc.

------------------

Comment

Speaking of which, did you see the press release on NEWS.COM earlier this week? New Amigas coming and a new OS for x86, MIPS, PPC and others as well.

AmigaOne uses a new "Amiga Digital Environment", which can run as an operating system or on top of other OS's including Linux and Windows CE.

Apparently there will also be new hardware with one being a CPU/ROM card for older systems and new complete systems based on the PPC.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 26 October 2000).]

Comment

There are plenty of DVD players around with RGB out - Composite and S/VHS limit the bandwidth unnecessarily (3..5 MHz).

One GREAT advantage of RGB is that it carries no Macrovision protection. If you buy a RGB->composite converter, you can copy every DVD in the world.
            Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Working...
            X