Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WinTV questions. If you have one please help me out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinTV questions. If you have one please help me out.

I'm thinking about getting a WinTV and have a few questions. I've searched this board and didn't find the answers

I'll probably get the model with dbx stereo.

1. What resolutions does this board capture up to? Assuming my hardward is fast enough. Specifically, I'm looking for 640x480.

2. Assuming the answer to #1 is positive, can I use huffyuv and PICvideo codecs?

3. I would like to archive some of my older store bought videotapes. Does this capture board use Macrovision or some other type of copy protection?

4. Is there a TV Out to go to tape?

Thanks,

Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

There is no TV out on the Win/TV cards (at least any that I know about).

No macrovision, it captures what you feed it.

640x480 is problematic unless you have a RAID 18+ MB/sec is required.

HuffYUV or software MJPEG will do well if you have a fast enough CPU to get the data rate to something reasonable.

--wally.

Comment

Thank you for the efficient reply!
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
      X