X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Elie....

You know why

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 July 2003, 19:39.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Indeed - congratulations!

We should send Elie a couple of CIGARS!

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Thanks Doc and Jerry!

Well to satisfy those that are curious, my wife just delivered our new twin boys today at 8:34 am

The twins and mommy are doing great, the father however is recovering from mental stress LOL

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

Just wait....once they're big enough to play with you're gonna have a ball, though it'll probably drive your wife nuts doing the laundry

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 July 2003, 20:18.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well done Elie,

Now you going to need two more NLE PCs..:-)
          paulw

Comment

Hey Doc, I'll probably get beat up by my own kids later on too eh

Thanks Paul, I gotta a spare PC running an AMD 2100 processor and the RT2000, but by the time they are old enough to play, that PC to us would be like an old 386 sx with 4 mb of ram, that's because 4Ghz or higher processors with gigquads of memory built in would be availabe lol let alone organic memory chips!

Cheers,
            Elie

Comment

Or the new MRAM's....which are going to be a sea change in themselves.

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 July 2003, 20:46.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Congrats Elie

Don't have kids, but I used to teach twin girls (private lesson).

They were a barrel of fun
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Doc,
                  MRAM sure sounds interesting, but there are two issues that I see with it.

1-Hardware support
                  2-The fact that it is magnetic (although insulated but a thin layer) one may accidentaly run a piece of metal like a magnetic screw driver or something over the ram and poof!

However I still like the idea and will upgrade when available.
                  One thing they don't discuss is how many MB's or GB can they store on a chip.

Thanks Sasq, I'm definetly looking forward to it

Cheers,
                  Elie

Comment

Congrats Elie,
                    but I wouldn't wish twins on an enemy. Now having said that I'm a cool (not a relation) uncle to a friend of mine that had triplets, 2 boys and 1 girl and holy smokes was that a busy house. But now they are going to be 6 yrs old and they all play nice together and are well brought up. The oldest boy is the never stop talking type, the other boy is the quiet type, and the girl is the dancing, running full of non stop energy type. If they could hook her up to generator she could power a whole block. They had lots of help from their parents which was a great thing. So good luck and enjoy, and like my father said time flies after you have kids.

Comment

Congrats Elie,

They are a real joy. Hey - I've gotten 4 out of 5 out the door and through college -the last is half way though college. Seems just like yesterday I was passing out cigars - time flies so make every moment with them count.

David

Comment

Congratulations Elie and welcome to the club of sleep deprived video editors...for the wrong reasons! Take all the help you can get from friends and relatives if they offer to relieve your wife and you, we just had our third baby in 4 years and they are a lot of work in the beginning.
                        But the joys of having them will soon make you forget those initial sleepless nights.
                        Just remember to film and take pictures as much as you can. If I did not have those moments recorded I would never remember them. I guess children grow up so fast and are so active that you forget how they were even a year before.

Fred

Comment

Double Trouble, Elie!

I am opening a Mutual Fund for Sleep, but the origination fees are high for new parents!

All the best!
                          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Hey thanks guys!

With regards to sleep, I don't get much of that anyway, I generally sleep at around 1:30 am and wake up at 7:30 so I am kind used to this.

Maybe we can do shift work

I learnt alot today about why babies cry, either they need feeding, changing attention or gassy.

I'm getting there, still the nerves reck though, when ever a baby cries I panic, the learning curve is huge!

Cheers,
                              Elie

Comment

Working...
                              X