No announcement yet.

Game Engine for Movies...check it out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Engine for Movies...check it out.

Get in-depth coverage of current and future trends in technology, and how they are shaping business, entertainment, communications, science, politics, and culture at Wired.com.

thought this was pretty cool check it out....

Per John Carmack, this is exactly where the 3d card makers are heading for...

The equivalent of Pixar's rendering farm in one multi-vidcard system...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

THis is an Idea I presented for the TF comunity a couple of years ago when the TF quake2 mod was out, I was either ignored or told that I was Nuts by the "Big mass" although there was a bit of discussion about it
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I think this is a bold move for the game industry and "could" spur another round of "AI" TV programming.

It would be very cool to produce your own movie with the help of a game engine.

According to the article EA is thinking of developing a version for the sims. It's not only entertainment, but also advertising for a particular game and I think it just makes sense given the explosive performance of today's computers.

Next thing ya know a $50 copy of UT creates the next $100million box office hit.... the next question is Hollywood worried?

Too cool.... I love it!

Comment

Working...
        X