Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers

what is the best driver combination for windows 98se if my marvel g400tv thinks it is a millenium g400dh with "addons"??

right now I just intalled "W9X_628" (6.28.017)
    Last edited by Hpar_; 8 July 2003, 22:27.

As has been asked in your other threads (but I have not seen you answer)...have you bothered to contact Matrox tech support about your BIOS problem?
    If you post in their forums and explain your problem, they may be easily able to supply you with what you need to repair your Marvel's BIOS, and save you the hassle of all this half arsed bs you keep trying to pull off.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

heh.......

I did post in matrox.com's forum and I talked to their tech people about the problem on the phone. they said RMA the card and the RMA dept said "100 dollars plus shipping to fix the card sir" and you can buy these for half that used on the internet. you can get them new on ebay from someone in canada for 69$ plus shipping.

SO!, you are out of line for what you posted but thanks for posting anyway "PAL"

I also posted those links on this forum.

the moderator "SAAD" or whatever his name is gave me a line of bs on the phone. he is a moderator on the matrox forum and the "supervisor" of the tech support dept. he told me on the phone "sorry my hands are tied" but on the online forum he said to RMA the card so, that was a mistake on their part even though I gave them the numbers off the card.

here is that link:
      Last edited by Hpar_; 9 July 2003, 01:52.

Comment

lets see, Saad's one and only comment in that thread does not mention RMAing the card.

Fi-L,
        At the risk of starting a debate/argument, I must ask you not to throw around phrases like, ..your software screws my video card up.. or ..it was your "matrox emergency boot disk" that tweeked the card to begin with.. very lightly.

Neither was this file/disk sent to you by us, nor did we ask/recommend you flash your Marvel G400 TV card with the BIOS/PiNS file of a Millennium G400.
        We must ask you to assume the responsibiliy of your action(s).

And, while I do fully appreciate/understand the predicament you're currently in (regarding this product), Tech_Support, unfortunately, cannot send you files to modify your BIOS/PiNS file of your card.

The ONLY other suggestion we could recommend (and there is no guarantee that it will definitely work) is that you use the "Restore Bios" file from here http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr.../ftp_util2.cfm
        His answer seems pretty straight forward to me.

Matrox has never given out pins files, nor have they ever made available a utility that will directly modify your pins files.

You have by your own admission pooched the card. Other people have tried to help you as well.

Dude you catch more flies with sugar then vinegar

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Sigh.....
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It seems to me Matrox were being very reasonable in offering to rma a card that you broke. By being a dick you've no put their backs up.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Haig sent me this last night...

Hpar_ = Fi-L?

If so, it sure looks like we have another Darwin Award winer!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

btw wrong forum *** munch
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

ummmm, whatever.

Saad's buddy said that then. I dont give a flying poop anymore. I got screwed and that is the end of it. I just wont buy matrox anymore and nor will any of the people I know who always ask me for advise.
                  Last edited by Hpar_; 9 July 2003, 12:15.

Comment

Sorry I can't follow that logic.

You accidently leave a floppy in the drive and programme the bios of your card to another card. Yet it's Matroxs fault.

Sorry you screwed yourself you did it live with it.

If you hadn't pissed the guys off with your attitude you may have got more help.

Grow up and be more mature.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

YEAH! (whatever)

Now that you don't have any reason to troll, do us a flavor and leave?

Comment

or update your BIOS with that of a Parhelia and then whine it doesn't meet your expectations and P sux because of it...

Comment

oh GOD! you ppl are killing me.

I didnt write the software, matrox did. even the guy at matroxfiles.net complains about their crappy programming on the bios.

the emergency boot disk should have seen it was a marvel and kicked me out. I accidentally found a hole or "bug" in their bios skein. again, whatever. it was my fault partially for not labeling my floppy disks but the rest of the blame goes on matrox because it is their beast, their creation, not mine. I am just the lowly end user.

also, everything they told me on the phone was "it is company policy this and company policy that"

he said if I can find a reciept proving the card was purchased within 3 years, they would drop the 100$ charge. of course, finding a reciept from 2 - 3 years ago will be nearly impossible.

Comment

here are a couple of quotes:

"PROGBIOS is a program supplied by Matrox, used for reprogramming of the board’s BIOS.
                            The program was written in Watcom C++, and its programming style is not exactly what one could call a good one, thus it is over 230 KBytes long. It could easily fit in 50 KB..."

"Great card, lousy company. If you are proficient at installing your own hardware and solving the problems that will arise with Matrox products, get one now! Otherwise, you may want to wait until your PC-geek buddy comes over. You'll need his/her help, trust me."

heh..... "Watcom C++"? wtf is that? hehe.

Comment

Ok, so not only were you careless and negligent when flashing your Marvel with a Millennium BIOS, you also have a habit of not saving your proof of purchase for warranty matters? Is that Matrox' fault too?

Comment

Working...
                              X