it's driving me mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's driving me mad

I woke up this morning at 5:20 am, left home to go to work around 5:45. At 12:30 I was home again after 6 hours of hard working.
    I took a shower, I've eaten some pasta and I feel really nice but ... there is a noise repeating all the time, it's an alarm clock beep beep beep ... beep beep beep ...

My mother tells me it's been on since 8am in the morning. It comes from a neighbour flat on a building next to my house.
    It's so hot here that I need to have the windows opened, so even with music playing I can still hear the damn beep beep beep.
    It isn't too loud but it's getting on my nerves. I just phoned the local police but they told they can't do anything, from 9am to 11pm "noises" are allowed, they have told me

I hope it stops soon, I really need to sleep a couple of hours and as I said, even with music playing I can still hear it

ciao, Ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

GuchiGuhs Noise Survival Guide:
    1) Blast the Speakers
    2) Buy hardware ear plugs
    3) Wait for the battery of the alarm clock to die out

Comment

If you can: turn of his electricity (it can be done in some appartment buildings). Just switch his main switch off, and back on.
      (oops, just read it is a neighboring building, perhaps one of his neighbours in the same building can do it ?)

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

*take out bazooka.......*

Comment

Buy Air conditioning and close the windows.
          If it's a one off forget about it.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

just wait untill the birds in the area learns the "tune"
            Then you'll never get rid of it
            The birds round my apartment knows the tune of both my new and old alarm clock
            And they wake up looong before my alarmclock starts.......
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well you'll just have too shoot the buggers then.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

are you serious Technoid?

Comment

Once had a snoring pigeon roosting opposite our house. made one hell of a din.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Don't bother, you'll use to it sooner or later

I've made a mistake of not turning my alarm clock for couple of months (it beeps for 2 hours starting with the one which is set to) when I absolutely hadn't had to wake up early. Now I'm ignoring it

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                      are you serious Technoid?
                      In this case: YUP!

the birds are a species who along with its usual sounds picks up and adds anything that it thinkls sounds "neat" to its repertoir, especially anoying sounds
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Come to that you could try shooting you neighbours alarm clock.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                          Come to that you could try shooting you neighbours alarm clock.
                          Then shoot the birds.
                          --Insert something here--

Comment

I'll shoot myself
                            my mother and my brother don't even notice the noise, it's like it's inside my head. I shouldn't have got so upset about it, now I can't ignore it

The neighbours of his/her block told he arrives around 7pm. It is in 3 hours!!!! I don't what kind of bateries he is using on the clock perhaps it's conected to he house electricity in which case I hope (s)he don't decide to sleep out tonight and come here to swith that devil thing off!!

Anyway I'm going out now I can't stand it anymore, I'm so upset about it

thanks for the tips guys

ciao, Ivan
                            <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

I like the bazooka option.

Comment

Working...
                              X