Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX - 1.5v or 3.3v @ 4X AGP ?

Hey guys, how's it goin' ?

I know it's a 2x/4x AGP card but at 4x agp, does it use 1.5v or 3.3v ?

Thanx!

Re: G400 MAX - 1.5v or 3.3v @ 4X AGP ?

Originally posted by NapalmV
    Hey guys, how's it goin' ?

I know it's a 2x/4x AGP card but at 4x agp, does it use 1.5v or 3.3v ?

Thanx!
    If yours has a "4A" in the part number, it can use both 1.5v and 3.3v.
    OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Thanx! Much appreciated.

Comment

Mine had "4A" in its serial number yet refused to operate in an Abit IT7 Max 2 board So no guarantees despite what Matrox tech support states. But than again, all the more reason to buy a P750

Comment

every G400 supports both 3.3v and 1.5v AGP operation. Only if your board is AGP 8x only (0.8v), or has some kind of auto voltage detection mechanism that messes up with the G400 (non-4A versions), it won't work (well you can mod the non-4A revisions and then it might work). But the G400 itself supports both 1.5 and 3.3v operation, no matter which board revision you've got.

Comment

I know that it is supposed to work, but still it doesn't. To make it even more complicated, I build a new system last month with a Asus P4G8x board. The G400Max refused to work in that board too (its AGP is not fixed at 8x, just like the Abit IT7 Max2 BTW). I know the G400max is in good shape because it works right now in a PIII system. Weird, isn't it?!

I bought a G550 instead as there is no sight at all of any P650 or P750 in the Netherlands.

Comment

Working...
            X