Does anyone remember this thread...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember this thread...?

Quite some time ago, there was a thread about human vision. It had 3 animated images in which a couple of squares flashed, after which you had to find out what had changed in the images. Either in this thread, or in another thread by the same poster, there was a movie about some sort of basketball practice. When you are counting the number of passes, you don't notice certain things in the movie...

Anyone remember the thread ?
    (I've tried "search", but I without results)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

That was me. The effects being demonstrated were 'change blindness' and 'attention blindness'.
    FT.

Comment

The threads were called 'visual experiment 1' and 'visual experiment 2'. Seems the .gifs are gone but the movie is still available.
      FT.

Comment

Yes, those were the threads!

Do you still have the links ?
        (search on "attention blindness" yields no results)

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Sure...http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39882 and http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39883

T.
          FT.

Comment

As they seem to have restricted access to the original flicker demos, here is another link.

Are you interested in this stuff?

Cheers

T.
            FT.

Comment

I saw a documentary on BBC yesterday (about human vision). The basketball experiment was freaky. Also, at the end of the documentary, they said: "did you notice anything strange during this broadcast ?". It then turned out that their ... euhm... (not to spoil it to those who don't know it) basketball-trick had been applied during the broadcast as well...

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

I saw that was on...I wish I had watched it now. I think I was swapping gfx cards at the time.
                FT.

Comment

I knew about the basketball experiment, but of their test-audienc, only about 4 people out of 30 noticed it. Upon reviewing the tape, the others thought the tape had been switched...

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

Working...
                  X