P750-How Noisy Is Its Fan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P750-How Noisy Is Its Fan??

I have read a couple of reviews of the P750, but haven't run into specific mentioning of if its cooling fan is noisy or not. Meanwhile, I have seen some dicussion of replacing the fan with passive cooling on this board.

Can anyone share shed some light on this ? Just how noisy is it? I'm in the final stage of deciding to buy it or not.....

Thanks very much in advance for any input!

From the looks of it, it is the same fan as on the Parhelia.

My guess is that installing a passive heatsink wouldn't be too difficult (Zalman)
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
      From the looks of it, it is the same fan as on the Parhelia.

My guess is that installing a passive heatsink wouldn't be too difficult (Zalman)
      So it is quite noisy then...Perhaps I should go for P650.

Comment

It is the same fan as Parhelia, and I don't find mine to be that noisy. I get more noise from my stock processor and chipset fans than from my P.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

You could probably disconnect the fan and hang a panaflo L1A over it @5v.

Comment

Yes, my cpu fan and hdd's are more noisy then the P750/Parhelia fan. - as Kruzin said

I don't have much in the way of fanless cooling products here. there is too little airflow in my pc room as it is and summer would result in a melt down
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
            X