• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More great Half Life 2 info

The more I read about this game, the more I am simply amazed

Enjoy this

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Yeah, I was pointed to this couple days ago too - one of the things I like the most is that they're saying somewhere about running it on i810
    If that's true my G400 will be powerfull card for this game
    Seriously, I don't expect all to look worse that in Silent Hill 2, which is fully playable.

Comment

Half Life 2 Delayed

This sucks.

Valve announced Half Life 2 would be moved back to Holiday 2003 from the original September 30 date

Comment

Re: Half Life 2 Delayed

Originally posted by SitFlyer
        This sucks.

Valve announced Half Life 2 would be moved back to Holiday 2003 from the original September 30 date
        Typical...but then again thats only like an extra month or two...think before Christmas so they can get all the sales from that
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

As long as the game rocks, I can wait a little longer. PLus it gives me more time to save up and get a nicer video card.

You guys should pull the hi-res HL2 demo. They are encoded is self playing Bink video executables.

Traptown (183 MB): http://www.gamershell.com/news_BHalf...TownBink.shtml

Docks (49 MB): http://www.gamershell.com/download_2...?q=half-life+2

G-Man (68 MB): http://www.gamershell.com/download_2...?q=half-life+2

Kleiner's Lab (81MB): http://www.gamershell.com/download_2...?q=half-life+2

Jammrock

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I was reading over at Shacknews that one of the guys from Valve say there wasn't any delays that he knows of.
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Re: Half Life 2 Delayed

Originally posted by SitFlyer
              This sucks.

did you expect anything different? Somehow we all knew it would never ship on time.

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Actually Vivendi announced that it will be delayed, there is supposedly an email from Gabe that says he didn't know about this.

I believe the game is probably going to be ready and this is a marketing move.
                Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by TnT
                  Actually Vivendi announced that it will be delayed, there is supposedly an email from Gabe that says he didn't know about this.

I believe the game is probably going to be ready and this is a marketing move.
                  It's probably tied into the 5 year anniversary of the original, in November.
                  Last edited by SitFlyer; 4 August 2003, 15:23.

Comment

That and the fact that Doom III's release date has been moved back to 1Q '04. Less pressure, to have it out early. Hopefully HL2 will be out early enough to make the most of the holiday season.
                    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

What's the ETA on this? I keep hearing November...
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Soon™

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                          What's the ETA on this? I keep hearing November...
                          September 30th. Date has not change since they announced it.

Dave

Comment

(rumour)It's looking more and more like CS2 will be the multiplayer part with HL2 That would definitely be a great bonus. Though Kruzin and Rags will have to wait longer for the stand alone TF2 coming out. 1 month, 12 days left

Dave

Comment

Is there any news on a linux version?

Comment

Working...
                              X