Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooops I should have made up a mail address

I think redhats go me there.
    To get the updates you've got to register. They then email you the location to activate your account.
    Now theres probably a tick box somewhere on the forms to say don't email me about updates and I missed it in the frustration of having faff around with such rubbish.
    Now I'm getting daily emails about new updates and security fixes.
    Ooops Linux doesn't have bugs or security problems does it so it must be hoax messages.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Linux has plenty of bug and security holes, they just don't mind telling you about them and providing the fix's BEFORE it becomes a problem.

Estimates say windows and linux are similar in bug count(actually linux may have more PUBLICLY listed bugs)

Just go to the redhat site and disable the update messages, might be as simple as replying with something like REMOVE in the subject line... I don't think Redhat are agressive spammers

PS...never had that problem with mandrake

Comment

No. Mandrake will never contact you, not even to provide support for their product.

If you go to their site and ask for help, they will call you names and insult you until you leave in disgust.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
      X