Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two funnies

Startling New Scientific Discovery

Investigators at a major research institute have discovered the heaviest element known to science.

This startling new discovery has been tentatively named Administratium (Ad).

The new element has no protons or electrons, thus having an atomic number of 0. However, it does have 1 neutron, 125 assistant neutrons, 75 vice neutrons, and 111 assistant vice neutrons, for an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by a force called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. Since it has no electrons, Administratium is inert. However, it can be detected as it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

According to the discoverers, a minute amount of Administratium causes one reaction to take over four days to complete when it would normally take less than a second.

Administratium has a normal half-life of approximately three years; it does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons, viceneutrons, and assistant vice neutrons exchange places.

In fact, an Administratium sample's mass will actually increase over time, since with each reorganization some of the morons inevitably become neutrons, forming new isotopes.

This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to speculate that Administratium is formed whenever morons reach a certain concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as the "Critical Morass".

Great Moments In Thesis Preparation

It's a fine sunny day in the forest, and a rabbit is sitting outside his burrow, tippy-tapping on his wordprocessor. Along comes a fox, out for a walk.

Fox: "What are you working on?"
    Rabbit: "My thesis."
    Fox: "Hmm. What is it about?"
    Rabbit: "Oh, I'm writing about how rabbits eat foxes."
    Fox: "That's ridiculous! Any fool knows that rabbits don't eat foxes!"
    Rabbit: "Come with me and I'll show you!"

They both disappear into the rabbit's burrow.
    After a few minutes, gnawing on a fox bone, the rabbit returns
    to his typewriter and resumes typing.

Soon a wolf comes along and stops to watch the hardworking rabbit.
    Wolf: "What's that you are writing?"
    Rabbit: "I'm doing a thesis on how rabbits eat wolves."
    Wolf: "You don't expect to get such rubbish published, do you?"
    Rabbit: "No problem. Do you want to see why?"

The rabbit and the wolf go into the burrow, and again the rabbit returns by himself, after a few minutes, and goes back to type.

Finally a bear comes along and asks, "What are you doing?"
    Rabbit: "I'm doing a thesis on how rabbits eat bears."
    Bear: "Well that's absurd!
    Rabbit: "Come into my home and I'll show you"
    As they enter the burrow, the rabbit introduces the bear to the lion.

Moral: IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW SILLY YOUR THESIS TOPIC IS;
    WHAT MATTERS IS WHO YOU HAVE FOR A SUPERVISOR.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

... and I guess that the Assistant Vice Neutrons will occasionally re-organise into a matrix structure, with reporting bonds to 2 or possibly 3 Vice Neutrons, resulting in complete unaccountability stasis This would only happen when the critical mass of a subset of morons known as "Consultanti" is reached during the periodic reorganisation.
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
    X