Multishot-panoramas.........?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multishot-panoramas.........?

7 individual shots stitched together, shot out of hand - no tripod, completely shloshed on good quantity of Meerlust Rubicon '84 - Olympus C2000 (2M)

Lawrence

nice, it must have steadied your hand

Comment

I find the world looks a lot better under those conditions.
      Lawrence

Comment

Nice Pano

Which software did you use for that? And isn't the C2000 optically stabilized? Would help a lot under "those conditions"

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

AZ

Personally feel you cannot beat Panosticher form Pixtra - that pic was created using it with a "Olympus3040" lens correction profile - took the best part of about a minute.

C2000 is not optically stabilized (My C3040 also not) - one of the first attempts of Olympus to create a better digital package - better glass in its class is scarce in my opinion - supersharp F1.8 with a 3X optical zoom
          Last edited by LvR; 4 July 2003, 02:55.
          Lawrence

Comment

Wow, that's a fast lens!

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Here's one I took in Vietnam (mislabelled the pic as Chile - whoops ). Standing at the top of a watchtower in the hills of Cat-Bai Island in Ha-Long Bay (the sea/islands that appears in lots of Bond films)

I scanned in the prints (using film camera...) and stiched them by hand in photoshop Nothing like old tech! (You can see the joins fairly clearly, but I completely erased the sky and re-filled it )

Attached Files
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Huge tree on 4x4 trial - 5 shots - Olympus C2000 (2M)
                Lawrence

Comment

I only tried that once (I really didn't know how to do it, used too big angle between the shots and too few shots, hence the result is less than optimal), but it's still a nice panorama:
                  Last edited by Indiana; 6 July 2003, 12:36.
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

Cant see much wrong with that attempt Indiana - what did you use for stitching?
                    Lawrence

Comment

Cool guys, shots like these could make awesome triplehead wallpapers.

Comment

Originally posted by LvR
                        Cant see much wrong with that attempt Indiana - what did you use for stitching?
                        Well, you can seen the joint lines quite easily because the sky has a slightly different brightness in the three single shots. Plus, I should've done more shots at a smaller angle between the shots. And the settings for the (great -> Olympus C4040Zoom) digicam were not quite optimal, either, so the sky is a bit grainy...

I used a rahter simple tool named "PhotoStitch" that came with my Canon S750 inkjet printer.
                        Last edited by Indiana; 6 July 2003, 13:44.
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

I did say "much" I have been looking at stitching software and often found that the blending of slowly varying shades of a color is always the first problems that crops up with most software.
                          Lawrence

Comment

I don't remember ever using photostiching software

are there no options to normalize gradients? either way it seems not too big of a deal - ha sanyone tried some simple post processing on stiched pics to dodge/burn, or slightly match hues at edges)?
                            Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

I'm off touring my country in a fortnight, I will try and get some nice panoramas snapped
                              Meet Jasmine.
                              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                              X