PDA

View Full Version : Some cats perhaps...........?

LvR
3rd July 2003, 20:38
So who's a nice pussy then...? Olympus C2000 (2M)http://www.galleryof3d.com/site/murc/uploads/catthumb.jpg

Pace
4th July 2003, 03:40
<-- Will post a bigger one later :)

GuchiGuh
8th July 2003, 04:13
*guchiguh gets the flamethrower.....*
burn kitties...:D

Pace
17th July 2003, 14:53
The promised enlargement of my avatar: :)

<a href="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.mccarroll/img/jasmine-3mp-0294.jpg" title="Jasmine - 2048x1536 - 1.18MB - 0294">Jasmine - 2048x1536 - 1.18MB - 0294</a>

And, not trying to worry you GuchiGuh... but when viewed at VGA resolution on my 19" monitor... the picture is still below lifesize :devious:

az
17th July 2003, 17:22
She's beautiful :)

AZ

LvR
18th July 2003, 07:42
Queen Jasmine?

Pace
30th July 2003, 19:09
I know she is :)

Great thing about digicams is the sheer number of pictures I can take of her, and pick out the only one in which she was looking at the camera!

Did a 'photoshoot' with her for an hour the other day (walked about the garden and she followed and posed :)).

GuchiGuh
5th August 2003, 04:33
:eek:
"GuchiGuh gets the naphal thrower"

(this posts don't make me look like i hate cats do they? :D)
nah jokes, cats are cool :up: excellent when dogs and cats get along with each other

Pace
6th August 2005, 12:09
Hey, just bringing this up as my little Jasmine left us today :( - watching over us now from the land of plentiful fish and running water!

Will repost the big picture when I get my photo collection in order.

As good a place as any for a little online obituary - best looking cat... ever ;)

xortam
6th August 2005, 13:13
So sorry Pace :( . It's so hard losing a pet. It was tough when I had to decide to put down our cat "Kitty". I don't know how I'll cope when it's my dog's time.

KvHagedorn
6th August 2005, 14:05
Sorry to hear about Jasmine. How old was she?

Lost my cat about 6 months ago after a long battle with cancer.. miss him a lot. :(

GuchiGuh
7th August 2005, 07:58
gawsh, sorry to you two!

But none the less, the memories will last forever! :)

VJ
8th August 2005, 00:52
She's beautiful :)
az! You are back!
http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?t=53600

Yes, loosing a pet is always a painful experience... :(

Jörg

Tjalfe
8th August 2005, 05:30
az! You are back!
http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?t=53600

Yes, loosing a pet is always a painful experience... :(

Jörg

the date of that post is 17th July 2003, 20:22 :(

VJ
8th August 2005, 06:07
oops... :ermm:
(hadn't seen this thread was resurrected...)

Jörg

Pace
8th August 2005, 06:49
Not sure, I've had her in the region of 7 years - and she was either a lost/dumped domestic, or an exceedingly friendly stray. Either way, we've had a happy life since (and I now love cats)!

We had blood tests done on Thursday before she passed away on Saturday morning, so will get the results of them anyway.

xortam
10th August 2005, 14:14
Our "Kitty" also adopted us. She/He showed up on our back door and announced that it was time to move in. Kitty was a young cat when "She" found us and lived a full life until succumbing to cancer (initially on the tongue). We always called "her" a "She" but the vet told us that it was a "He" that was fixed as a kitten or the goods never descended. We still called her "She" as the habit stuck. This is the first pet I’ve been primarily responsible for and it was a tough decision to put her down. I was even injecting subtrafenous fluids (or whatever the correct word is) into her neck trying to keep her hydrated at the end but I finally had to let her go and end her misery. I dread having to face euthanizing a pet again.

Are you considering a new pet Pace?

KvHagedorn
10th August 2005, 15:48
Too bad they live such a short time.. it's almost as bad as having a kid you know won't live much past 18. You know that they are getting old for a cat/dog but still.. :(

I don't want a big dog for this reason.. they don't live much longer than 7 or 8 years..

Pace
16th August 2005, 02:41
I will get another cat, but not immediately. I've just moved to a new flat in Glasgow, and had planned to give Jasmine the best possible care, but don't think it would be fair on a fit little soul to be couped up in a flat.

Jas had been living in an outbuilding at my parents house, and it meant that she wasn't getting a regular routine, and had plenty of obstacles - a staircase proving to be the most problematic. I wanted to have her indoors, in a stair-free environment. One of her many photos will grace a wall in the flat though!

Give it 5 years when I move into a house and I'll get 10 kittens if I can :-)

P.