Cron question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cron question

This is a stupid question, but user's crontabs don't run unless that user is logged in, right?

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

That totally depends on the cron system you're using, and how it is set up.

Another question for you is "if the machine can't run the jobs when it's supposed to, does it drop them, or does it run them later, as soon as it can?"

It all depends on what/how you're running.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm setting up cron jobs on OS X computers. I decided to put the jobs in the /etc/crontab instead of the user's crontab because I realized I'd have to create one for each account name.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
      X