Hurrah no toothache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurrah no toothache

Hurrah it looks like the toothache has finally gone. After several months of toothache, six weeks of which were due to the Wisdom tooth being removed and waiting for everything settle down. In the meantime another decayed down to one of the roots, next to the nerve and this contined the toothache.

Unfortunatley at first this was a dull ache that seemed to move up and down the jaw and wasn't localised to one spot until about five weeks ago. I didn't bother the dentist until it became localised.

The dentist at first was looking eagerly at another Wisdom tooth until I said nay lad it's one in front. One Xray later told the story. One temp filling and a special dressing to settle it down. This pissed the tooth off and made it worse. So I had too eat on one side of the mouth for two weeks until the next appointment. So the dentist today tried tatic two and it seemed to have worked.

Tatic three is removing the bastard as the wouldn't be any other option. Looks like it's been scared into submission.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

BonJela Rox :lol:

Nothing like a good root canal !!

My missus had two wisdom teeth removed before they had even emerged .... She suffers "phantom pains" with them now ... Weirdly, they never gave her any problems before surgery (She was in hospital for a week)
    Paul ... Peterborough ..Uk

....Ex- Perth ...WA .....

The ( EX) Forrestfield Flyer

Comment

Toothache, what's that?
      Luckily I never had a toothache - and I'm sure, if a dentist would try to drill a hole in one of my teeth, I'd drill a hole somewhere at a special location into him as well...
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

god root canals suck.
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Teeth, Bah!

I'm one of the lucky ones to have Dentinogenesis Imperfecta, more commonly hereditary opalescent dentin.

Another bonus to this defect on top of the defect itself is my first born will also have the same teeth (has so far for five generations) and I get to pay around £2000 every couple of years for dentistry.

Not that I m bitter though

Comment

so you Uk people get free health care but not free denistry?
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Haven't you seen Austin Powers? :P
              The waiting list for free dentist is probably so long by the time you get in, the bad tooth fell out.

Comment

Yep, whats great about my disorder though is they can't do anything till you are 18 anyway and then you have to pay.

You can get on national health for the dentists but unfortunately it is quite hard to do and they wouldn't accept me anyway, been turned away a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                  so you Uk people get free health care but not free denistry?
                  The filling cost me twenty quid. Some places would have charged up to one hundred for the same thing some perhaps more.
                  The health service is supposed to be free at the point of entry which it isn't.
                  Tories want to privatise it and follow the American way which I don't belive is the way forward.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I always said God made a mistake with teeth when he created man. He should have made them from solid titanium, fixed in with a good epoxy adhesive
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

We should be like Sharks. They wearout and get replaced.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Actually NONE of our healthcare is free !!

All working people contribute to National Health fund through a scheme (Scam) called P.A.Y.E ( Pay As You Earn)

Unfortunately, because consecutive governments have pilfered the money raised for said health care ..We now , basically, are having to pay AGAIN for dentistry.

We also have a MASSIVE problem looming with retirement funds.... Consecutive governments have been "Maxwelling" those funds for years .... Now there are more old people coming to retirement age (and NOT contributing anymore) than there are young people contributing .... Causing a horrendous deficit.

Spin doctors etc are trying to figure a way to blind us to that fact... Ie: By saying we can work for however long we wish .. that Women DONT have to retire at 60 ..Its all so the contributions keeep coming in .... They hope we'll die before we start claiming pensions !!
                        Paul ... Peterborough ..Uk

....Ex- Perth ...WA .....

The ( EX) Forrestfield Flyer

Comment

By the time most of us reach 60 in the UK the "official" retirement age will be 75. I can almost guarantee it. But also most people (and I really do mean it) won't retire at 75. Either they'll retire "early" or die first.
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

We will have to pay some parts of dentistry ourself in the future as well, especially stuff like teeth replacement. Personally i got no problem with that, if you dont brush your teeth and dont take good care of them they will fall out ... so it's your own damn fault and you should pay for it. Teeth are a pretty cosmetic thing anyway and not life threathening, at least nothing that i know of.

IMO they could even milk another group of careless people, even though they are milked pretty heavy already through the tobacco tax .... yes the smokers, sorry guys
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                              By the time most of us reach 60 in the UK the "official" retirement age will be 75. I can almost guarantee it. But also most people (and I really do mean it) won't retire at 75. Either they'll retire "early" or die first.
                              Sadly most people will have to work to that age as the pensions will not cover the required standard living.

Some of this due to bad advise of finacal advisors and rip off companies.
                              Sadly I'm pretty sure most finacal advisors haven't a clue what they're talking about.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X