P750: where to buy in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P750: where to buy in the US?

I have been waiting 3 months now to buy a P750. My new PC is built but I need the new graphics card. Is it finally available and where can I buy it (online)? I'd rather avoid shopmatrox.com.
    Thanks.

If you're looking for P750, try searching google for "P750 order"
    and a place called SafeHarbor or someplace like that has a listing for it for under $215 I think... with shipping it's around $225 or less, I don't remember exactly. It'll be a special order since apparently they don't have these in stock, although they indicated they'd be getting some P650 in stock.

For P650, you may wish to try AxionTech. If you search Pricewatch for P650, you'll see one listing by them. It's a little cheaper than ShopMatrox...

I'm surprised there's not a retail packaged P650, and no manual with P750. It's like Matrox doesn't want to devote too much $ in these products in case they flop or something?... also surprised not many reviews out yet, just little write-ups mainly...

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought. Nobody has it in stock yet.
      Will they ever have it? Or is Matrox' new strategy to "build to order" so they don't have to maintain any stock?
      That would be a sad story, but it starts to make sense. I am sure a lot of stores and distributors overstocked their Parhelias, so now Matrox may be running out of cash with lots of P in stock that nobody wants. When you run out of cash and you outsource your manufacturing, you can't order excess inventory. Your vendors want to be paid before they make more cards for you. You can't pay them until you've sold the first batch. If it's confirmed it means serious financial problems.
      Don't know, just guessing.

Comment

I'm finding them in generic PC stores here in Japan, and Parhelia took ages to reach stores here. So they should be hitting the shelves soon there.

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
        X