PDA

View Full Version : You know it's a slow news day....

Dr Mordrid
1st July 2003, 14:33
when all three major cable news channels are showing some roller coaster stuck mid-ride at Six Flags Maryland :rolleyes:

Dr. Mordrid

Ajax
1st July 2003, 14:35
New state laws went into affect today. Anyone hear of some good ones?

Dr Mordrid
1st July 2003, 14:48
Canada just opened a legal, government subsidized shooting gallery for junkies in Vancouver :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dr. Mordrid

az
1st July 2003, 14:51
...And this is exciting? We have them in every bigger city..

AZ

Wombat
1st July 2003, 15:50
We just went no-fault here in Colorado. Car insurance prices seem to be going down by about 1/3.

Dr Mordrid
1st July 2003, 16:18
And after a few years people will be screaming about how it protects irresponsible drivers from rate increases while raising good drivers rates in order to "spread the risk". That's what happened here in Michigan.

Dr. Mordrid

KvHagedorn
1st July 2003, 16:43
Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
Canada just opened a legal, government subsidized shooting gallery for junkies in Vancouver :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dr. Mordrid

I think this is an awesome idea.. but I suppose you have to be Canadian to go there and blow away a junkie, darn it. :( Oh well.. at least this will put them out of their misery.. it worked for China in the 40s.. :up: ;)

Brian R.
2nd July 2003, 08:29
Just too easy to sneak up on a sleeping junkie...

Joel
2nd July 2003, 10:15
Tennessee now will allow motorcycles to run red lights. The reasoning is that motorcycles are not heavy enough to trip some red light senors. They are of course suppose to treat the red light like a 4-way stop though.

Joel

Greebe
2nd July 2003, 10:26
That's actually a good one Joel. I've been stuck at intersections where my 500lbs bike wouldn't trip the sensor and there was no turn on red. Sit there half a night, knowing that a cop was watching, and would ticket you in a heart beat (known for this BS) while you are praying another car would show up... did that once for 2.5 hours. Totally sucked. :mad:

GNEP
2nd July 2003, 10:27
Can't you get off the bike and walk it around the corner?

az
2nd July 2003, 10:31
In germany, those sensors are metal detectors, and there are buttons for the bikers. They should detect motorcycles though.

AZ

agallag
2nd July 2003, 10:31
So... how are the roller coaster riders doing? Are they down yet? :D

Dr Mordrid
2nd July 2003, 11:03
Yeah...they were up for about 2.5 hours and were complaing by the end.

When I was about 22 I was stuck on top of a ferris wheel for about 3 hours. Didn't mind it though as it had enclosed seats (one of those cage deals) and I was alone with a **very friendly**, and **very cute** Chinese girl :D :D

Dr. Mordrid

Greebe
2nd July 2003, 11:27
Nope because the intersection was with a highway and the officer whom parked his high horse at this location was known for pulling people over at night, without using his lights, gun drawn, and threatining to shoot you if you didn't get on the ground right then and spread'm!

I am not joking

I was pulled over one night by this Ahole for speeding (I was doing the speed limit 35 the whole bloody time :rolleyes: with him pulling the same stunt... claiming that he had to do 70mph to catch me... he was at an intersection 3 blocks behind me stuck at a red light... I was at the gas station at this intersection filling up.

I was charged with doing 70 in a 35 zone

Later my father wanted to know why the bike was left in 3rd gear...no need to downshift

enough said about that one

Another friend was driving the family owned AEI Security Astro van with the companies head tech. Well he was speeding (was a well known lead foot but only 5 over the limt) but here again this same officer pulled the same stunt, gun pointed at his head and both belly down in the dirt. His explanation for the situation was that because there was a black man with him (he used the "N" word :mad: and because there had been breakins in the area... well duh you scum sucking afterbirth of the civil war, they were finishing up the install of an alarm system at one of the counties most powerful and weathiest families home!

/rant off...sorry

all true

Tjalfe
2nd July 2003, 11:28
Other things in the News.. Toronto is off the WHO list for SARS .. yay :)
Vancouver gets the 2010 Winter Olympics

Dr. Mordid.. sounds like you owe the ride operator a good tip for leaving you up there ;)

Byock
2nd July 2003, 11:30
You have all the luck. My luck I would be stuck with a friendly 400lb whale, with 1 tooth. :rolleyes:

Joel
2nd July 2003, 13:46
That's actually a good one Joel.

I think it is a good one in someways too. It's just the idiots that are going to end up making it a bad one. In other words those that don't stop first. And probably more than likely it won't be them that gets hurt but the poor soul who wreaks while trying to avoid them.

Joel

Wombat
2nd July 2003, 16:01
Yeah...they were up for about 2.5 hours and were complaing by the end.

When I was about 22 I was stuck on top of a ferris wheel for about 3 hours. Didn't mind it though as it had enclosed seats (one of those cage deals) and I was alone with a **very friendly**, and **very cute** Chinese girl :D :D

Dr. Mordrid
One of the rides got stuck on the piers where I grew up. Except that the ride was basically a loop, and it got stuck <B>upside-down</B>. People weren't taking it well at all. It took a cherry-picker and lots of medical support to get everyone out.

GT98
2nd July 2003, 18:47

LOL was her name Fuk mi? :D :D

KvHagedorn
2nd July 2003, 19:29
More of the incredible adventures of "Baron Munchausen" Mordrid.. :D

Dr Mordrid
3rd July 2003, 01:53
No Munchhausen to it...just %#@$*&@ OLD, and sometimes stupidly adventureous, enough to have done most all of what I wanted to do while still capable :D :D

Dr. Mordrid

az
3rd July 2003, 02:59
Well, you could at least spell your name right.. it's "M&uuml;nchhausen", with an Umlaut ;) :p

AZ

JohnnyBond
3rd July 2003, 04:27
He had troubles finding the on his keyboard.

And you try to find :)

az
3rd July 2003, 04:37
well, in HTML it's just &amp;uuml; ;)

AZ