UT2003 Modded Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2003 Modded Server

I was wondering, how do I host modded games with UT2003. I played on a couple of modded maps with nothing but a special type of rifle (not the shock rifle, like a machine gun that sniped). However, when I tried to create a game of my own, I did not have these options to do this (not even the maps). Since I downloaded them off the server I played on, shouldn't I be able to make a modded server like the one I played on? We are having a LAN party in a couple of weeks and I will be the server (not dedicated though, I have to play ), so I'm wondering how I could do this so we can play them. Thanks for any help.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Those are called mutators As you said, they should be on your PC since you downloaded them from the server you played on. When you create the game, just click on the Mutators tab at the top and you can add whatever mutator you want.

Comment

Aw, ok. I didnt know what those were. I must experiment...hehe....
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

You can find a bunch of essential UT/UT2003 server admin info at http://www.unrealadmin.org/

Comment

Hmm, well I'm still not able to serve those maps I downloaded off the server. It doesn't give the option. Any ideas? I tried all mutator settings too and not one of them allows the rifle only weapon....where can I get this?
          System Specs:

Comment

Mutators and maps that you download off a server end up the cache directory in UT. After a certain time they will be deleted off your pc.

There is a tool that will let you move them to the proper directories so that you can use them. I have no idea what it is called

You can get some idea of the names of the mutators and maps that you have downloaded by opening the cache.ini file.

edit: This is one such tool:

Comment

Ok, the cache tool worked, but some of the map files have unr extensions. Do I just rename them to ut2 to get them to work in UT2003 or do I need another tool to convert them because in unr UT2003 doesn't see them for use....

EDIT: NM, renaming doesn't help, so I guess i do need some kind of conversion tool.
              System Specs:

Comment

Oops - I hadn't realised you were using UT2003.

That tool was created for UT - hence the maps being UT style names.

Try this one instead:

Comment

Ah, thanks. That worked. However, when using the other program I lost all of my cache files. Oh well, will just give me an exucse to play some UT 2003 tonight and download them again.

BTW, I still can't get the map vote to work. Anyone have experience using it? It will say vote in 60 seconds, etc, when I use it, but I have the maps pre-selected so it automatically goes to the other map anyway (and the vote list doesn't come up). If I don't add any maps when configuring the game, it won't load and says I need to add a map. So what am I doing wrong? I'll read up on it some more tonight, but maybe it's something really simple. I already checked the installation of it and all is good, I just need to figure out how to use it properly now...
                  Last edited by BuddMan; 2 July 2003, 12:55.
                  System Specs:

Comment

Perhaps this will help you determine what is going on.

Which map vote are you using?
                    I use MapVote 4.00b11 on the MURC UT2k3 Server. I'm really happy with how it works.

The section of my UT2003.ini file that pertains to it:

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
                    VoteTimeLimit=90
                    ScoreBoardDelay=10
                    bAutoOpen=True
                    MidGameVotePercent=50
                    MinMapCount=2
                    RepeatLimit=4
                    bScoreMode=False
                    bAccumulationMode=False
                    bEliminationMode=False
                    DefaultGameConfig=0
                    bDefaultToCurrentGameType=False
                    bKickVote=True
                    KickPercent=51
                    bRestartWithLastMap=True
                    bAnonymousKicking=False
                    MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
                    MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoad er
                    ServerTravelString=DM-Hypsophobia.ut2?Game=XGame.xDeathMatch
                    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix=" DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch",Mutators="" ,Options="")
                    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM ",Acronym="TDM",GameName="Team DeathMatch",Mutators="",Options="")
                    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF ",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="",Options="")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
                    bUseMapList=False
                    MapNamePrefixes=DM,CTF,DOM,BR
                    MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListDeathMatch
                    MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListTeamDeathMatch
                    MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListCaptureTheFlag

Comment

That is what I am using. I added the strings in my UT2003.ini file as well. So do I just add in all the maps to play with and then it should automatically let me vote when the game is over?? Or as admin do I have to push a key to get it going...
                      System Specs:

Comment

The following is according to my understanding of how it works:

In the first section:

bAutoOpen= if set to True MapVote will automatically open, at the end of the game

In the second section:

bUseMapList=
                        If set to True MapVote will show, for possible map choices, what is in your maplist.
                        If you set it to False it will show all possible maps in the map folder.

It is important to note, if no map is voted for, MapVote will use the next map, according to its' parameters, in the list that it's using.
                        Last edited by SitFlyer; 2 July 2003, 19:12.

Comment

Ok, I'll take a look at it when I get off work. Thanks.
                          System Specs:

Comment

Ok, so I have to run the bat file in order for the map vote to work? It automatically choses the map and all when I load the bat file and I'm unable to put any mutators, etc in. It works, but I want to run the server with the mutators, etc. How do I do this?
                            System Specs:

Comment

I don't use a bat file to start mt server. My server is is run as a service, using FireDaemon, but the same principles apply.

You can get some more info here. The tutorials at www.UnrealAdmin.org are top notch. I got most of my knowledge on the subject from there.

The command line that starts my server is:

ucc server DM-Murc.ut2?game=XGame.xDeathMatch?translocator=true mutator=Jump.MutJump,AdrenalineRush.MutAdrenalineR ush,MapVote400b11.MapVote -ini=UT2003.ini -log=Server.log

I hope this helps you see what to do.

I'm off to bed. Good Luck

If you have more questions, I'll be around here after 3pm PST Thursday
                              Last edited by SitFlyer; 2 July 2003, 22:28.

Comment

Working...
                              X