Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas masks was not enough.....

A really stinky job!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Well it's a dirty job but someones go to do it.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Eww

Comment

$15,000.. I'm betting it would have cost less for the city to have hooked them to the sewer line for free.

Comment

What a shitty job....
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

that's an awful lot of fertilizer!

Comment

Merde, alors!
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

You think that's a dirty job, ever heard of a landfill diver?

When it rains in landfills (where all the garbage is dumped) all of the nasty stuff seeps down to the bottom and forms a toxic lake. There's a series of pumps that lessen the environmental impact by contantly mixing thing up so it doesn't sit stagnant and become so bad it seeps down and fills the surround ground with toxic waste on the catasrophic level.

So what happens when a pump goes out? In comes the land fill diver! They wear a full dry suit with self contained environmental controls that is coated so the toxic waste doesn't eat through in 5 minutes and kill the diver. Even then, the stuff is so toxic that the diver can only be down for 1 hour before he has to get out and clean up before teh toxic waste eats through the seams.

Why the hell would anyone do this? Well, there is the environmental protection part, but I think the $20000 an hour pay helps.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

You learn the stangest things reading MURC.
                  P=I^2*R
                  Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

IBM Thinkpad T22|900Mhz|256MB|32GB|14.1TFT|Gentoo

Comment

Originally posted by PowerHungry
                    You learn the stangest things reading MURC.
                    so true

Comment

Working...
                    X