Help with printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with printing

I have a few logos that I want to print so to stick them onto some leather pieces.

I use a Ricoh Aficio AP3800C laser printer and I think I can handle the task of opening the file and sending it to the printer...but I'm totally clueless about the support to use

Suggestions?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

It is easy enough to get iron-on transfers for T-shirts (anything cotton really) but I'm not sure about leather. Perhaps you could give one a try? Remember to print a mirror image!

T.
    FT.

Comment

I don't think you can use iron-on transfers (or any heat activated transfer type thing) with laser printers, cuz it'll melt. Unless somebody makes special high-temp transfer paper for laser printers.

Comment

Good point - inkjet only!

Thanks,

T.
        FT.

Comment

Find a seamstress/tailor with a computer-directed sewing machine. Find out the file format they need and provide a floppy and the material.

Comment

Yes, that's probably the best, coolest, sturdiest, and most expensive option

Otherwise (but I think it'll look ugly), get yourself some cotton fabric (cheap t-shirt or something), use iron-on transfers, iron them on the shirt, cut the logo out and sew it to the leather jacket.

But I think what Brian said would be the best option - only that I'm not sure if those sewing machines can penetrate thick leather.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

10x, I'll take a look at all those solutions...even if I was thinking to simply print it to a water-proof transparent paper and then stick the paper on the leather.

(Hey, I had to print them onto kevlar!!! )
              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Working...
              X