Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you pay for your internet connection

Like in the topic. How much do you pay?

I use a HiS - 115Kb/s. I pay about 35 euro a month for it.

The avarage monthly pay in poland is about 500 euro. (With politicans pays oscilating in about 2500 euro + bonuses 500 euro. And their expenses are covered by the goverment. ****ed up country eh?)
    Last edited by Guest; 1 July 2003, 05:37.

Telia, 0,5mb 44 euro a month
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

£25 per month for 512k/256k from Virgin.net very good service too. Never had a down time where I am.

:: Edit ::

Which is roughly 36 Euro

:: /Edit ::

J1NG
      Last edited by J1NG; 1 July 2003, 05:46.

Comment

768/128 for 45 EUR or so

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

$29 / Month @ 1.2mb down, 100k up.
          Guess I won't be hosting any online games
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Far too bloody much for the quality of connection. CYP 6.50/month + 0.20/hour = roughly CYP 38/month = EUR 68/month for a 56 kbit/s phone line modem semi-connection (frequent cuts, roughly 1/2 non-access, DNS failures and slow connections with low bandwidth). Name of the provider? CYTANET

Unfortunately, all the other ISPs on the island go through Cytanet who have a de facto monopoly into the 'Net backbone. I've been told I can get ADSL in late 2005.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Since I just moved, and the DSL is not in yet, $8/month for stinking dialup. I miss my DSL.
              --Insert something here--

Comment

us$45/month for 1.5Mb down 256kb up cable connection

Comment

You don't want to know for what I have now, and you really don't want to know for what I hopefully will be getting in a few weeks (building conduits permitting)

Dan
                  Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

£22 per month I think for 512/256 ADSL from FreeUk. Excellent service, and the only time I have had to ring them they answered on a Sunday afternoon within 4 rings. And the bloke I spoke to sounded like he had a beard so he must have known his stuff

Edit: Oh yeah, they're part of Claranet so it's no fly-by-night company. Just the reasonably low profile consumer arm of a v. reputable ISP. FreeUK when I first used them for dial-up had a policy of drip-feeding adverts - once they felt they were "full" of subscribers they would stop advertising until they had upgraded their hardware etc.
                    Last edited by GNEP; 1 July 2003, 06:10.
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Sasq: 100mbit for 100$?

The name of my provider is TPSA - Telekomunikacj Polska SA

Keep away from them! They want to get to the european markets.

And about monopolysm. They are the only nation wide provieder. 99% of internet connections go trough their lines. The dialup modem connections are also lousy and cost 0.10 euro... each 3 minutes. Thats a good modem connection . Did i mention its good only for looking at the providers site w/o graphics?
                      Last edited by Guest; 1 July 2003, 06:18.

Comment

Absolutely nothing.
                        Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

£108/month for 512/256

Comment

umm yeah actually single static SOHO (100Mb) for $100 a month or so see there is some good things that come with crazy population densities

Dan
                            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Wonder when there will be something good comming out form ppls greed and stupidity.

Btw for 100$ i can get a 1 mbit connection

Comment

Working...
                              X